ESP Ranger Intercooler Flash Sale

2021Ranger

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Jimmy replied to my email, So he’s is not going to ship my intercooler out till he comes up with a solution to the mismatched size, he said he’s got a couple different ways to fix the problem but trying to see the best way to do it. Only issue I have is he’s got my money since the 3rd but he’s a stand up guy so im going to see just what he comes up with..He said he’s going to keep my updated..
Sponsored

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I hope so. Glad he's communicating with you directly, he should be in this forum reassuring us he's working on it. Facebook is different since any post ESP would want to remove they can do so from their page.

That, the 'Ranger Station' forum and this one are the primary social media sites for our 5G trucks. Although I see members with similar screen names there I don't see any mention of this so it leads me to believe this is the 'better' forum ?

Back on topic I hope the solution looks something like CVF's wire spring retained cold pipe - it's a must have in my mind. I don't think a bung is needed since ESP advertises the IC can be drilled/tapped for injection - and I really don't think a significant number of us would want to fool with it anyway. I sent Jimmy the link for the MAP sensor adaptor for those who want boost gauges (it works on all the Ford models he markets to) and as for the coupler from the pipe to the throttle body the only challenge would be making the vacuum connection integrate well. I'm more of a fan of Mishimoto's coupler than CVF's.

So, to @ESP Jimmy get the flow up by the same 16-17% over stock and you'll have a winner.

If going forward ESP gets their production corrected and only needs '15' custom cold side pipes we'll be cool. If the product looks as good as the intercooler it'll be a win and worth the aggravation.

Last edited:

MY23RANGER

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 XLT Ranger black edition 2wd
Occupation
Ford Tech
Racket have you had any updates from ESP on the intercooler pipe ?

Last edited:

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
Racket have you had any updates from ESP on the intercooler pipe ?
No, radio silence so far. At the moment I am trusting Jimmy is doing what he said he'd do, develop (at least) the cold side pipe for the intercooler.

Keep in mind they offer Mishimoto intercoolers and pipes on their site. I realize ESP is primarily a reseller and don't have a lot of their own branded products - I suspect they are basically a drop ship operation. Refunding $4500 for 15 intercoolers that don't connect and return freight could be a real ding to a small business not to mention the hurt to his reputation.

I'm not privvy to what R&D he's got access to or manufacturing resources but the cold side doesn't look to be too complicated. Hell, if he did nothing else but get CVF to do a small batch of one-offs with the larger flange at the IC side I'd be happy.

Last edited:

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
@importfighter01 you indicated you were going to return yours. Did you and were you refunded? Your plan of buying the CVF hot side pipe and at this point getting I expect a performance cold side pipe from ESP's error could make your situation unique.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
The latest I got from Jimmy::

810EE5FC-288D-4817-AF2E-9C2D6EE06562.png
I hope he's making an upgraded cold side. Without a high flow hot side pipe a larger IC to throttle body pipe will make the truck feel down on power as I found out - installing and driving mine with the Mishimoto kit before the hot side. But my gas mileage jumped.

I volunteered that I had upgraded my pipes ahead of ordering his intercooler, I wonder if he asked everyone else? I don't know what changing that balance would be.

An adapter that fits over the big outlet and steps down to the 66mm fitting 'might' be all we need except for adding length.

I have only read of one forum member refunding their purchase.

Last edited:

importfighter01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL SuperCab
@importfighter01 you indicated you were going to return yours. Did you and were you refunded? Your plan of buying the CVF hot side pipe and at this point getting I expect a performance cold side pipe from ESP's error could make your situation unique.
I did return and was refunded. No plans on buying an upgraded intercooler.

MY23RANGER

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ford Tech
I just added the CVF hot side pipe to my ESP intercooler and waiting to see how the cold side is handled thru ESP

2021Ranger

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
I hope he's making an upgraded cold side. Without a high flow hot side pipe a larger IC to throttle body pipe will make the truck feel down on power as I found out - installing and driving mine with the Mishimoto kit before the hot side. But my gas mileage jumped.

I volunteered that I had upgraded my pipes ahead of ordering his intercooler, I wonder if he asked everyone else? I don't know what changing that balance would be.

An adapter that fits over the big outlet and steps down to the 66mm fitting 'might' be all we need except for adding length.

I have only read of one forum member refunding their purchase.
Can you explain that a little better?

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
Can you explain that a little better?
The diameter of the intercooler charge pipes significantly affects how the Ecoboost performs.

The aftermarket IC pipes on the hot side generally increase flow a little over 25% above stock - easy to do with the obvious restrictions there.

On the cold side the upgrades are less around 17% over stock, presumably to compliment the hot side. Restrictions from the ends of the charge pipes are the same but the volume (potential to move air) is increased, so it impacts the power curve regardless of an 'upgraded' intercooler or not.

Tuning can play a role.

My experience when I only swapped the cold side pipe (prior to the hot side) was that the truck felt down on power. Granted my MPGs went up a lot but that wasn't my goal.

If Jimmy only copies the factory specs I don't know how it will impact those of us with fatter pipes. If he makes a higher flow cold side anyone still using the original hot side may be unhappy with the change.

If a simple adapter will drop the too big ESP outlet to stock size without changing the overall length (as implied in his message to you) then it makes the other issues moot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ESP Jimmy

ESP Jimmy

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Occupation
Performance Shop Owner
Hey Guys, how’s everyone doing? Yes, the piping we are doing is an aftermarket upgraded kit. You will get a cold and hot side kit free of charge. I would never just make a stock replacement pipe, that would just be awful. I attached a picture of our Focus ST hotside piping that we have been working on, just so you guys have an idea of the quality you will be getting. As of right now, we are still waiting on the silicone pieces for the sample to be made. This has put us a little behind, but we are getting close. Also, everyone should look for a email from us today as well. The email will be Giving updates and we are going to do a drawing for a free set of wheel spacers for everyone that has been waiting patiently.
IMG_4238.jpeg

MY23RANGER

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ford Tech
Wow good news thanks for the Update Jimmy

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
Hey Guys, how’s everyone doing? Yes, the piping we are doing is an aftermarket upgraded kit. You will get a cold and hot side kit free of charge. I would never just make a stock replacement pipe, that would just be awful. I attached a picture of our Focus ST hotside piping that we have been working on, just so you guys have an idea of the quality you will be getting. As of right now, we are still waiting on the silicone pieces for the sample to be made. This has put us a little behind, but we are getting close. Also, everyone should look for a email from us today as well. The email will be Giving updates and we are going to do a drawing for a free set of wheel spacers for everyone that has been waiting patiently.
IMG_4238.jpeg
Just make sure the mount for the BOV in the Ranger version doesn't cause them to rub the hood/hood liner. It's pretty tight and tilting the mount might give you clearance.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
It's been another month and Affirm just got their final payment out of me.

Now we wait...
Sponsored