Sponsored

Engine Light Code

Kodiacnb

Well-Known Member
First Name
Robert
Joined
Aug 7, 2021
Threads
10
Messages
83
Reaction score
346
Location
East Coast, Canada
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Super cab
Occupation
Retired Postal Worker
Just saw an engine light code on my 21 Ranger. 61000 Km (Canada) And pulled a P0402 Code. I read about it in the forums here and was just wondering if the (FMPP) Ford Motor protection plan covers this? Any info would be appreciated.
Sponsored

 

RangerBill

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bob
Joined
Jun 8, 2022
Threads
3
Messages
1,838
Reaction score
2,563
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew FX4
Occupation
retired
Just saw an engine light code on my 21 Ranger. 61000 Km (Canada) And pulled a P0402 Code. I read about it in the forums here and was just wondering if the (FMPP) Ford Motor protection plan covers this? Any info would be appreciated.
P0402 Excessive EGR Flow detected.
It might be a bad EGR DPFE pressure sensor. It seems to be a common issue. Most don't get the code but some do if the sensor is especially bad. It is a $20 part from RockAuto. I would think that the Ford plan should cover it, but many have changed it themselves. The Standard Motor Products seems to be the OEM for the part.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...sion,egr+pressure+feedback+(dpfe)+sensor,5088

See this thread:
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...mbly-replacement-write-up-lb5z-9j433-b.29247/

Symptoms are engine surging during low speed and light throttle.
 
OP
OP
Kodiacnb

Kodiacnb

Well-Known Member
First Name
Robert
Joined
Aug 7, 2021
Threads
10
Messages
83
Reaction score
346
Location
East Coast, Canada
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Super cab
Occupation
Retired Postal Worker
Right now, the truck works fine, Just the engine light but was told by the dealer it will be fine until my appointment. I had them check the code for the engine light and they pulled up the P0402 EGR "A" flow Excessive detected. I just thought if it's covered, I'll let the deal with it. If not, I'll do it myself. Thanks for the links. The write up is great.
Sponsored

 
 








Top