Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Built a Ranger on Ford.com Thursday night, sent to my
Built a Ranger on Ford.com Thursday night, sent to my sales rep, stopped by the dealership on friday to verify and make one change. Rep told me system would accept no new orders. Showed me the notice from Ford that stated 100% of engine production is being diverted to replace existing motors that were produced with defective tooling resulting in irreparable rear main seal leaks.
No statement as to the length of the diversion. Said engines were built in 22 and 23. Have not seen this published anywhere. Comments?
I’m pretty sure Retail order banks for the 2023 Ranger closed January 26th. So it’s not the engine problem but an uninformed salesman ?‍♂

https://fordauthority.com/2023/01/2023-ford-ranger-retail-orders-to-be-shut-off-next-week/

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Hope nobody here , or anywhere, gets unlucky with this , even if , its probably a small drip and still a daily driver untill engines are available , not a rear main blowout , maybe just something they found WILL become an issue ...and I would hope they have to put you in a nice ride while you wait... No biggie , and , if it's any consolation, I check under my 21 about every 2 hours (set alarm on phone) to see if whatever is wrong with the transmission has finally fell out...

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Ok. The Ranger was one day. ONE day. Really hate it happened at all. But that is going to be a small number of people that are impacted.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Ok. The Ranger was one day. ONE day. Really hate it happened at all. But that is going to be a small number of people that are impacted.
For the ranger, but quite a few bronco and explorers.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
For the ranger, but quite a few bronco and explorers.
Yep. But this is a Ranger forum. So we have 1 day to be concerned about.

As to the folks on the Explorer and Bronco forums... their butts are probably puckered. Hate it for them.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
It's hard to believe the tolerance being off wasn't caught during setup parts run. This will be another big hit to the bottom line.
Another example of continuous pandemic quality issues. Wonder if they will just change the block or totally new engines.

TXRangerTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
you know i figured that the 5g was not really new just more new to the usa that all of the issues would have been sorted out by 2020.
Except it seems the issues are all from Rangers built in USA. ROW Rangers don't seem to have the same problems.