First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Only 2019 & 2020 Lariats came with the engine cover. For 2021 it was dropped from the Lariats. If you want one you can get the cover and attaching parts here:
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/rgrengcvrkit.html
^ This is correct. I have a 2021 Lariat and no cover came stock.

I bought the cover and mounting bits from Levittown. It does reduce the engine noise a small amount. If you haven't disabled the fake cabin engine noise, I wouldn't bother with the engine cover. If you have turned that off (with Forscan), the cover will help reduce the engine noise even more. My truck is now quieter on the highway than either of my Subarus.
Sponsored

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Well folks, you can get an extra large Round Table pepperoni thin crust for about $23 with coupon, then you get an engine cover with the box and some good eats :like:

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
2021 Lariat FX4 super cab = no cover

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Actually the answer is $10. Levvitown charges shipping which is $20.
There is a good chance that, as a forum member here on ranger5g.com, you can get a code to use at checkout to reduce/remove/credit the shipping cost.

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2.7L Mid Package 4.27
There is a good chance that, as a forum member here on ranger5g.com, you can get a code to use at checkout to reduce/remove/credit the shipping cost.
I know. I wasn't thinking when i bought it. I should of used levvitown just because they are a sponsor but saw it on ebay and clicked buy.

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I think I mentioned this once before.

Adding the engine cover increases the under hood temperature significantly. I suspect this is why it has been discontinued even on the Lariat.

Honda has the same issue with their Civic Type R. Most guys who race them, remove the cover to reduce the heat load.

I've never seen anything in print from either manufacturer about this issue, but it does stand up to reason.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I think I mentioned this once before.

Adding the engine cover increases the under hood temperature significantly. I suspect this is why it has been discontinued even on the Lariat.

Honda has the same issue with their Civic Type R. Most guys who race them, remove the cover to reduce the heat load.

I've never seen anything in print from either manufacturer about this issue, but it does stand up to reason.
While this may be partially true, I'm betting the cost cutting is the main reason.

Along with the bed tie downs, shifter bezel illumination, folding headrests, etc, I'll bet Ford is saving $20 of their cost per Ranger

Last edited:

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
You may be correct Doc. The bezel lighting is sort of redundant because it appears on the dash display. The folding headrest, I've been told, had more to do with the NHTSA's rule. As for the tie downs? I can't say. I do like the ones in the new Maverick however.

I should add... I can't wait to see the sales figures between the Maverick, and the Ridgeline. When I bought my Ridgeline (2006), Honda was darn near giving the trucks away, just to get them off the lot. The one I bought, has sat for nearly 3 months, before I bought it.

CHS

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ruby) 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
retired
I have a 2020 Lariat FX4, and it came with cover. Not sure that carried over to 2021.
I have the 2021 Lariat 4X4 and it does not have one. That said there are different levels of the lariat and mine is the bottom level, so maybe the uppers ones do.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I have the 2021 Lariat 4X4 and it does not have one. That said there are different levels of the lariat and mine is the bottom level, so maybe the uppers ones do.
No, I have a 2 WD that's pretty much loaded...no cover.
Besides, why would I want a cover to hide all those beautiful wires, hoses and "stuff" ?
:crackup:

Reactions: CHS