First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger 2015 firsta
Occupation
Carpenter
I have the same. When I am outside of the truck, I can hear it coming from the engine but when I am INSIDE, it it more muted and sounds more like a heat shield rattling. As I am driving, if I let me foot off the gas it can disappear completely and when I hit the gas a little again, it buzzes again. I know its the DI injector but it sounds so much different from the inside than out. I guess that is because of all of the insulation. Bottom line is it drives me nuts. I have this awesome looking truck, then I start it up and it sounds like a wide-up toy. Grrrr!!!
I just noticed my truck making that same exact sound today .when I go slow and let my foot off the gas it goes away then I hit it just a little and it buzzes. What's the DI injector? It it a problem or fixable?
Sponsored

Geemann

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger 2015 firsta
Occupation
Carpenter
I just noticed this on my truck as well. It just started happening around 2500 miles. It's a buzzing/vibrating sound not a knocking or ticking sound. If I put the truck in neutral and give it gas I can make it consistently buzz. If I take my foot off the gas it seems quiet. I'll bring it up to the dealer next time I'm in, but if anyone solves the mystery first that would be great! Doesn't seem "normal" for something to suddenly start buzzing. If that's the way its suppose to sound it would have done it from day one and it sounds like most here have just randomly had it start happening well after they purchased it.
Strange mine only seems to make the sound when I'm in gear. Or at least maybe it's louder and I just can't hear it in park.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Just remember to isolate the noise before ripping the fuel system apart. The transmission's pump has straight-cut gears that make a buzz, especially at slow speeds (when you can hear it). The reason your trans and rear end have helical cut gears is to quiet them down. If you listen to some race cars with a "dog box" they have a whine/buzz to them because they are also straight-cut.. because who cares about noise on a race car. Why did Ford go straight cut on the trans pump.. I hope for strength.. but who knows. I thought I had had alternator noise early on but it was that damn pump whine/buzz/etc.

RangerCat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I just noticed my truck making that same exact sound today .when I go slow and let my foot off the gas it goes away then I hit it just a little and it buzzes. What's the DI injector? It it a problem or fixable?
I was told by the service manager at my dealership that it is just how that port sounds when it operates. I really didn't like that answer but maybe he's right...

Spartacus310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
I was told by the service manager at my dealership that it is just how that port sounds when it operates. I really didn't like that answer but maybe he's right...
I just don't like that everyone is saying this is standard. Why would FORD make a product that produces this rattling sound. I was told it's probably the high pressure fuel pump. Maybe if it got replaced it would go away. Quoted $900 for one.

Geemann

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger 2015 firsta
Occupation
Carpenter
I'm just going to get a loud exhaust so I don't hear it ! Anyone know the best sounding exhaust? Magnaflow?