Low RPM stutter and accelerator buzz related?

ben8jam

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Had my ranger for five days now. From the drive home from dealer I heard that buzzing sound coming from driver side that others have noted. Sounds like something to do with injectors in a split mode? Not sure if any consensus on that but for me it never goes away hot or cold engine.

I also have the low rpm stutter when accelerating. Feels like trying to start a manual transmission car in to high a gear. Some have said bad injector, some the gear on 4x4 models.

Can anyone who replaced the injector also comment if you had the buzz as well?

And anyone with the stutter have it on a RWD model? I don’t remember feeling it on the RWD that I tested, but I was also totally new to it at that point.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
[Can someone edit the title to be low rpm “stutter”? Guess we can’t edit topic titles]

Had my ranger for five days now. From the drive home from dealer I heard that buzzing sound coming from driver side that others have noted. Sounds like something to do with injectors in a split mode? Not sure if any consensus on that but for me it never goes away hot or cold engine.

I also have the low rpm stutter when accelerating. Feels like trying to start a manual transmission car in to high a gear. Some have said bad injector, some the gear on 4x4 models.

Can anyone who replaced the injector also comment if you had the buzz as well?

And anyone with the stutter have it on a RWD model? I don’t remember feeling it on the RWD that I tested, but I was also totally new to it at that point.
Edited the topic title for you.

I'm not sure what the low RPM stutter is - I've seen it talked about but I've never felt it on mine.

OP
OP
ben8jam

ben8jam

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Edited the topic title for you.

I'm not sure what the low RPM stutter is - I've seen it talked about but I've never felt it on mine.
Do you have the 4x4 version? And sorry I meant to just add the word stutter. “Low RPM stutter and accelerator buzz related?”.

I’m wondering if the stutter and the buzzing noise which some have said is related to injectors is related. It really feels like the truck is stuggling to fire.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the 4x4 version? And sorry I meant to just add the word stutter. “Low RPM stutter and accelerator buzz related?”.

I’m wondering if the stutter and the buzzing noise which some have said is related to injectors is related. It really feels like the truck is stuggling to fire.
Fixed the title

Yes, I have the 4WD version. There was a bad batch of injectors a while back which could possibly contribute to stutter. The buzzing noise from what I understand is normal for a DI engine. I have a Lariat which has the engine cover which helps quiet it down a bit - some people with XLTs have purchased the engine cover to quiet it down.

I'm no expert on this subject however. This is my first DI engine, as well as my first turbo. I've been exceedingly happy with it however. No complaints at all here. The Powertrain is superb.

Klj

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger 4x4 fx4
Occupation
No
I have the stutter I think... 2020 4x4 fx4 driving me crazy
Here’s a clip of sound
Sponsored