First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
They need to make an Eibach rear sway bar.
Sponsored

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
They need to make an Eibach rear sway bar.
What for? Sways are meant for cars to improve handling. In truck you want that rear sway for maximum articulation and traction.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
still waiting on my kit after the shipment was redirected. starting to get impatient at this point. planning on having the front set at 2.5" and 1" in the rear. My wheels and tires are getting lonely not putting them to work.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
What for? Sways are meant for cars to improve handling. In truck you want that rear sway for maximum articulation and traction.
Agree, but my truck will see more paved turns in Tennessee than dirt. Plus I understand some make detachable ones, and one could just remove end links if planning off road trip. Also after owning more of a performance based car you get used to the feel.

Daniel Scarbrough

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER FX4 LARIAT W/ SPORT PACKAGE 501A {HOT PEPPER RED}
Daniel,

Did you use stock springs or Eibach springs?

Thanks,

Northlight
This is the full Eibach Explorer Kit. Front coil over, rear shocks and 1" block. Purchased from Peak Suspension. I'll post some more pics tomorrow with close ups. Shop removed the front crash bars but seems fine with back still on. Also removed the front "air dam" plastic fascia and I like it. Stance is sooo nice.
https://www.peaksuspension.com/coll...roducts/copy-of-eibach-explorer-kit-19-ranger
PRO_TRUCK_PACKAGE_Block_2f83a16e-2722-4e9f-b2bb-956d6cec2b53_1024x1024@2x.png

Deleted member 773

I agree about the articulation and traction, however, handling improves dramatically with a sway bar on a truck. Evasive maneuvers are more predictable, there’s less body roll and therefore less weight transfer. Towing characteristics improve too. I am still waiting for the quick disconnects for the sway bar I’m testing, when installed and disconnected, they will bring the articulation back to stock.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
If you add a rear bar, you'll increase oversteer...if that's what you're looking for:)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Ranger 4x4
Curious if these utilize the factory spring perch in the front or if the dampers come with a new one that rides in those slots to set height?

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
can anyone comment on how the ride has changed with the eibach shocks? are they stiffer, softer, does it absorb bumps better, does it get too 'squishy' etc...? and whether or not you are comparing to an FX4 or standard ranger?

ecoop

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 Magnetic Gray 2017 Raptor Avalanche Gray
Just got my Eibach kit installed yesterday and it lifted my front end to the moon. Did the shocks and springs with the struts set at level 4, or second from the top. Unfortunately I forgot to measure before they were installed so I don't know exactly how much it lifted it, but it's a LOT. Sucks because it's too high now, so everything has to come back apart. I've only driven home from the dealership which is only about 15 miles, but the ride was good, a bit firmer, but planted in a good way.

IMG_8530.jpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Ranger 4x4
Curious if these utilize the factory spring perch in the front or if the dampers come with a new one that rides in those slots to set height?
Answering my own poorly asked question here (note to self don't post after a 14 hour work day and a few drinks!.)

In review of the Eibach instructions they do reuse the OE ford spring perch and that snap ring, set in the damper body groove supports it. Seems like a fairly small interface to carry the load of that spring as the snap ring only sticks out about 1/16" from the damper body. That said these are going on the truck, and I've had nothing but good experiences with Eibach and 4 past vehicles!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Ranger 4x4
can anyone comment on how the ride has changed with the eibach shocks? are they stiffer, softer, does it absorb bumps better, does it get too 'squishy' etc...? and whether or not you are comparing to an FX4 or standard ranger?
Give me a few days and I'll post my review of the change in ride. Im going with the full kit of dampers and front springs along with the rear blocks and HOPING I get a stiffer, planted, more truck like feel after the install. This will be on a non-FX4 lariat 4wd.
Sponsored