First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
Didn’t the Ford Dyno results compare regular to premium fuel also?
I believe so. Everything I have seen suggests the 270/310 numbers are on 87 octane. Somebody needs to do a baseline run and then a 93, or 91, octane run on a stock tune. (After running the higher octane fuel for a couple of weeks.)
Sponsored

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Ive had no less than 5 vehicles that got drop in K&N Filters the day they were purchased. All were driven daily up to 200+K before being sold. Never once did I have an issue.
I agree K&N would not still be in business if the filters didn’t work. I have had them on numerous vehicles since the 80’s.
Brian

Nevada_Bob

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat
I agree K&N would not still be in business if the filters didn’t work. I have had them on numerous vehicles since the 80’s.
Brian
Me too! Been using K&N for more than 25 years on all kinds of cars and street bikes, never once had an issue with grit or dirt passing through.

cb4017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
I reordered the Ford Performance Tune but am still on the fence about using the K&N air filter that comes with it, as some members have argued that it can allow too many particles to pass. What do you guys think? Would it be safer to flash the tune but toss the filter? Any issues with just keeping the stock filter, replacing as needed?
I for one will not use a K&N air filter on an off-road vehicle. K&N is generally associated with higher silicone numbers in UOAs.

I had a Jeep TJ Wrangler that I used a K&N filter in. This Jeep saw a lot of use on Nevada dirt roads. Went to clean the filter once and was surprised to see a fine coating of dust in the intake tube, after the filter. The filter was properly oiled and the seal greased. I went back to paper filters and never looked back.

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
I for one will not use a K&N air filter on an off-road vehicle. K&N is generally associated with higher silicone numbers in UOAs.

I had a Jeep TJ Wrangler that I used a K&N filter in. This Jeep saw a lot of use on Nevada dirt roads. Went to clean the filter once and was surprised to see a fine coating of dust in the intake tube, after the filter. The filter was properly oiled and the seal greased. I went back to paper filters and never looked back.
My experience is the same in the Southwest desert. You really need a pre-filter with the oiled gauze filters, but then you’re back to the same amount of airflow restriction as the paper filter. Aside from some extreme off-road usage, with a pre-filter, I would never use one. For street use, it’s the Slick 50 of air filters - 100% marketing hype. If you really need more airflow, it’s almost always better to increase the surface area than to decrease the filter efficiency.

v125707

First Name
ulises
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER FX4
Occupation
Communications
Im getting the FPP, and have also bought the Roush CAI with it. Would they work together well, getting the FPP monday, and will run it for about 2 weeks, then add the ROUSH CAI, and see what happens.

ND13

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Supercrew
Occupation
Sales
I’ve used Green Filter hi performance filters for about 20 years. I have never had any issues with them. I like them more than the K&Ns I have used.

E4F538F5-BDDE-4E2B-B723-0824803C9102.png
Sponsored