Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
If we're getting technical... What you are discussing is dual exhaust tips. ;)

A true "dual exhaust" would mean replacing the entire exhaust, and installing a header on the engine, & then the dual exhaust. Kind of tricky with a single turbo.
To elaborate a bit, that new exhaust manifold would have to route two cylinders to one side and two to the other side to be considered a true dual exhaust system.
Sponsored

OP
OP

bulldogger

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Ok Grammer cop. If you wanted people to keep opinions to themselves, you should not post on public forums.
Sorry if I hurt your feelings.
First of all, forums are used to provide/get information and also to exchange ideas. I posted because I wanted to know if anyone tried the MBRP Duals on the truck to get feedback before buying them. Comments like yours in this thread did not help anyone and provided no useful information. It's not a matter of hurting one's feelings but a matter of providing useful information to a forum members questions. So I will easily own the name Grammar Cop and you can add Reading Comprehension Cop too!

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
"Police" would be better then "Cop". Civility matters :crazy:

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
Duel exhaust on a 4 banger? True definition of waste of money
It's only a waste if you have it done and don't like the aesthetics of it. I've only been on this forum a short time and have seen plenty of mods I wouldn't do. Also, plenty I will want down the road. It shouldn't bother anyone what someone else does with their own vehicle. As in life, I don't feel the need to criticize things other people do that have no impact on me personally.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It's only a waste if you have it done and don't like the aesthetics of it. I've only been on this forum a short time and have seen plenty of mods I wouldn't do. Also, plenty I will want down the road. It shouldn't bother anyone what someone else does with their own vehicle. As in life, I don't feel the need to criticize things other people do that have no impact on me personally.
HI Mike,

I agree with you to a point. When stupid stuff is done that puts the owner and other vehicle around this person in risk of injury, then I will chime in even if it does not have impact on me personally. Fortunately this is a very infrequent occurrence.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
HI Mike,

I agree with you to a point. When stupid stuff is done that puts the owner and other vehicle around this person in risk of injury, then I will chime in even if it does not have impact on me personally. Fortunately this is a very infrequent occurrence.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I get that, but sometimes it's in your best interest to stay out of things. I live in the Chicago area.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I get that, but sometimes it's in your best interest to stay out of things. I live in the Chicago area.
Staying "out of things" is what has turned your city into a cesspool.

Dave1899

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercrew Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Retired Living the Life
Okay looking at the back of my Ranger the exhaust tip sitting crooked or angled down is really annoying me. Has anyone tried MBRP duals on the truck?? I always like that even look.

duals.jpg
That's the same setup I put on mine. I love the look and the sound. Maybe it's a Retired Florida David thing.?
IMG_0360 copy.jpg
IMG_0359 copy.jpeg

grizzly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
It'll never sound like a Ram truck. Those guys got the sound market cornered with those Hemi's.

Dual exhaust has two purposes. One is looks but more importantly the sound.

Duals on a 4 banger? Like lipstick on a pig.

What's next, fart cans like the ricers?

OP
OP

bulldogger

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
It'll never sound like a Ram truck. Those guys got the sound market cornered with those Hemi's.

Lipstick still makes the pig prettier, and makes it stand out in the crowd.
1619178364820.png

Last edited:

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales

To each their own...as it's their truck....but I agree. I have yet to hear an exhaust on these trucks that sounds good. They all sound like Civics and tractors to me. I had an exhaust on my Focus ST but that was supposed to sound ricey! hahah!

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat

Personally my desire is to hide the exhaust. not looking for louder or trying to change the note.
If Ford had run the single pipe up under the bed to a simple turn down tip I wouldn't even be looking, but instead they hung the biggest stupid silver pipe they could right behind the tire. looks like an after thought.

I am not a fan of the huge tips or flared ends that come with this system, but I like the easy install, and also the symmetry of two tail pipes. but I will be trying to find a way to have the ends just plain small pipe.

wait until y'all see the big ass wing I am installing next.
Sponsored