First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
E20-E25, trying to keep it near E25. I think I am near E23 atm, going to go drive a little and give .3-.5 gallons of E85 to get it closer for tomorrow. So far everything is running great, butt dyno sees improvement.
Very nice. If you haven't yet you should start a thread on it. Very interested in your findings.

It'd be nice to have a baseline on straight 91. Did you ever dyno it after the FP tune?
Sponsored

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Very nice. If you haven't yet you should start a thread on it. Very interested in your findings.

It'd be nice to have a baseline on straight 91. Did you ever dyno it after the FP tune?
Yeah it definitely would be nice to have a straight baseline on pure 91. However, there is a user that has the exact same setup as I do but with a downpipe. I think that will be the closest we will get to a baseline unless I decide to pay the $180 again to get data for 91, which I might in the future. If the AFR checks out on E25 and the hp/tq is higher than the advertised gains for all the mods then I can believe a little bit the higher octane is helping.

I did not get a dyno right after FP tune, I trusted a few posts I saw of it. Fit with the right dyno numbers compared to Livernois dyno numbers. I also installed CAI/exhaust same time as tune. And in the last few months, I also added the charge pipe kit which I feel is the best difference.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Quick question Jake. By chance have you done 0-60 time tests? That is one of the measures I use every time I get significant mods. It's a lame one but fun for me.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
Silverback

Silverback

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Dang it. I think it is off of my budget currently if I need the XDI HPFP for full E85. It makes sense. Like a lot of sense. The stock Bosch one can handle it but consistently for all applications? Probably not. Thank you for all the insight and answers. I shall DM you in the future if I have further questions, if that is okay.
Hit me up with any questions, I don’t post my stuff too much on the forums I kind of just creep around and gather information for future builds haha. This is my first thread where I really got the show off my build, I’m happy y’all like it!

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Yeah it definitely would be nice to have a straight baseline on pure 91. However, there is a user that has the exact same setup as I do but with a downpipe. I think that will be the closest we will get to a baseline unless I decide to pay the $180 again to get data for 91, which I might in the future. If the AFR checks out on E25 and the hp/tq is higher than the advertised gains for all the mods then I can believe a little bit the higher octane is helping.

I did not get a dyno right after FP tune, I trusted a few posts I saw of it. Fit with the right dyno numbers compared to Livernois dyno numbers. I also installed CAI/exhaust same time as tune. And in the last few months, I also added the charge pipe kit which I feel is the best difference.
Makes sense that the charge pipes had the most effect on driveability. Should allow for much quicker spool.

OP
OP
Silverback

Silverback

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Quick question Jake. By chance have you done 0-60 time tests? That is one of the measures I use every time I get significant mods. It's a lame one but fun for me.
I haven’t had the opportunity to take the truck to the track yet so nothing is “official”. But doing some tests runs on an abandoned road I got ~ 4.6 secs 0-60 (4wd on, track control off, launching at 3000rpm)

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I haven’t had the opportunity to take the truck to the track yet so nothing is “official”. But doing some tests runs on an abandoned road I got ~ 4.6 secs 0-60 (4wd on, track control off, launching at 3000rpm)
Very.. Very interesting. Thank you for the insight! That actually helps so much. I am averaging around 5.3 atm, before any brake boosting or E25. Yesterday I had my first brake boost at 1500 rpms only and hit 4.94. Might not be worth it for me to switch to E85, I guess we will see what the dyno numbers show and what's really going on.
Sponsored