Silverback

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
So I went out to the Utah salt flats with some buddies the other day. I thought it would be fun to take the ranger for a spin so I mustered up the courage to hit some donuts. The ranger couldn’t have performed better! I’ve done some noticeable performance upgrades to the truck so that was definitely a huge factor at play, I felt in control the entire time and never felt a lack of power. Last time at the Dino I was hitting 380 whp. Enough hp matched w/ 35’s and the smooth powedery surface of the dry lake bed made it a dream. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that the Ranger is the best midsize pickup on the market.
i haven’t seen too many posts of people hooning their rangers so if u guys have any to share I’d love to see them!

E8839DBF-C8DC-4E36-8EB4-1D7C3A5A0647.jpeg

AA353D72-7CDB-4882-96A5-C87F30B7A332.jpeg
Sponsored

Attachments

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
So I went out to the Utah salt flats with some buddies the other day. I thought it would be fun to take the ranger for a spin so I mustered up the courage to hit some donuts. The ranger couldn’t have performed better! I’ve done some noticeable performance upgrades to the truck so that was definitely a huge factor at play, I felt in control the entire time and never felt a lack of power. Last time at the Dino I was hitting 380 whp. Enough hp matched w/ 35’s and the smooth powedery surface of the dry lake bed made it a dream. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that the Ranger is the best midsize pickup on the market.
i haven’t seen too many posts of people hooning their rangers so if u guys have any to share I’d love to see them!

Beautiful pics!

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student

Thanks for the write up on the experience and pics! Haven’t gotten the courage to do donuts yet.

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
That looks fun. And scenic. Add a Ford Fuckin' Ranger and it's a trifecta of awesomesauce!

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Am I the only one who read this?

Last time at the Dino I was hitting 380 whp.
I'm gonna require a mod list, tuning info, and dyno sheet in order to believe this.

Those power levels are basically maxing out the stock turbo and would require extensive bolt-ons plus meth injection or e85 to run. On top of the custom tuning required. All of which are pretty rare if not unheard of on the Ranger.

Not calling you a liar, just hard to believe you haven't shown us more before.

If true you likely have most powerful Ranger on the forum, and thus by default the nation. We're gonna need a lot of info/pics on this one.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired

I'm gonna require a mod list, tuning info, and dyno sheet in order to believe this.

Those power levels are basically maxing out the stock turbo and would require extensive bolt-ons plus meth injection or e85 to run. On top of the custom tuning required. All of which are pretty rare if not unheard of on the Ranger.

If true you likely have most powerful Ranger on the forum, and thus by default the nation. We're gonna need a lot of info/pics on this one.
“Dino”380…….

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
“Dino”380…….
One of the clues I picked up on that leads me to believe I'll never see said mod list or dyno sheet, let alone pics.

Another was the pictures of "drifting" the Ranger which consist of a perfectly clean truck sitting still next to shitbox Sierra.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student

I choose not to argue numbers when I see them. I just take note for myself on what I think. However, judging from his vehicle showcase. 270 hp + 45 hp(fp tune) + Roush CAI(+5hp) + Velossa Big Mouth (+1%(if even or at max) hp from colder temps in intake by +- 5 degrees) = 320ish hp. Not WHP. Only thing that would put down 380 WHP would be E85 tune on ZFG racing with downpipe. 450 WHP possible with fully upgraded CRP turbo, E85 tune, downpipe, CAI and exhaust. I think either CAI or exhaust can be taken off and still achievable. Forgot the threads.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I choose not to argue numbers when I see them. I just take note for myself on what I think. However, judging from his vehicle showcase. 270 hp + 45 hp(fp tune) + Roush CAI(+5hp) + Velossa Big Mouth (+1%(if even or at max) hp from colder temps in intake by +- 5 degrees) = 320ish hp. Not WHP. Only thing that would put down 380 WHP would be E85 tune on ZFG racing with downpipe. 450 WHP possible with fully upgraded CRP turbo, E85 tune, downpipe, CAI and exhaust. I think either CAI or exhaust can be taken off and still achievable. Forgot the threads.
I'm not trying to argue with the dude. Really hope it's true and if so I'd love to hear more. But I've also been around vehicular forums enough to know it's most likely bullshit. And I like to call people out on their bullshit, just like I'd hope people would do for me.

Some EB Mustang dudes appear to be hitting those numbers on the stock turbo with full bolt-ons on e85 and also with meth injection. A hybrid turbo probably isn't needed.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/e85-dyno-results.9758/

@ZincGT hit 356 rwhp on an e85 tune ALONE. With the ZFG hybrid turbo, a few bolt-ons, and the e85 he was nearer to 430 whp.

So I'll take back my previous statement. If true, OP has the second most powerful Ranger on the board.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I'm not trying to argue with the dude. Really hope it's true and if so I'd love to hear more. But I've also been around vehicular forums enough to know it's most likely bullshit. And I like to call people out on their bullshit, just like I'd hope people would do for me.

Some EB Mustang dudes appear to be hitting those numbers on the stock turbo with full bolt-ons on e85 and also with meth injection. A hybrid turbo probably isn't needed.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/e85-dyno-results.9758/

@ZincGT hit 356 rwhp on an e85 tune ALONE. With the ZFG hybrid turbo, a few bolt-ons, and the e85 he was nearer to 430 whp.

So I'll take back my previous statement. If true, OP has the second most powerful Ranger on the board.
Ahh yes didn't mean to say anything about you arguing, I meant myself. Sometimes I giggle at certain things.

I read those threads, pretty amazing stuff.

Reactions: Doc

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Ahh yes didn't mean to say anything about you arguing, I meant myself. Sometimes I giggle at certain things.

I read those threads, pretty amazing stuff.
Ohh, I am certainly an argumentative prick sometimes. Had you been referring to me you wouldn't have been too far off base.

I go back to those threads at least once a quarter.

My 33s will be on soon. I've got a feeling that soon after I'll be jonesing for some of the lost power back. My trusted local tuner is proficient with HPTuners and well versed in e85 tuning. A boost like that would be AMAZING, just not sure how much I trust the stock HPFP and injectors.

Ohh well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Ohh, I am certainly an argumentative prick sometimes. Had you been referring to me you wouldn't have been too far off base.

I go back to those threads at least once a quarter.

My 33s will be on soon. I've got a feeling that soon after I'll be jonesing for some of the lost power back. My trusted local tuner is proficient with HPTuners and well versed in e85 tuning. A boost like that would be AMAZING, just not sure how much I trust the stock HPFP and injectors.

Ohh well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
And head gaskets :)

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
And head gaskets :)
I'll probably go with regular premium first if I custom tune the truck. And then maybe add an e85 map from there.

Still considering the Ford tune due to warranty though. But the longer I wait the more that becomes a moot point.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc