First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I'll probably go with regular premium first if I custom tune the truck. And then maybe add an e85 map from there.

Still considering the Ford tune due to warranty though. But the longer I wait the more that becomes a moot point.
You my like to have a chat with Palm Beach Dyno..they seem to have some expertise with the Ranger and E-85.
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
You my like to have a chat with Palm Beach Dyno..they seem to have some expertise with the Ranger and E-85.
Good looking out. If I ever make the jump to e85 it seems ZFG and Palm Beach have the most experience in our platform. Likely that most of their info would be over my head but I would certainly try to get my tuner in touch with them.

OP
OP
Silverback

Silverback

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Am I the only one who read this?

I'm gonna require a mod list, tuning info, and dyno sheet in order to believe this.

Those power levels are basically maxing out the stock turbo and would require extensive bolt-ons plus meth injection or e85 to run. On top of the custom tuning required. All of which are pretty rare if not unheard of on the Ranger.

Not calling you a liar, just hard to believe you haven't shown us more before.

If true you likely have most powerful Ranger on the forum, and thus by default the nation. We're gonna need a lot of info/pics on this one.
Alright here we go:
Custom e85 tune
Rouche CAI
MBRP exhaust
Mountune radiator
AFE Charge pipes
All that included the trucks got plenty of power, I’ll try and find the Dyno sheet. I might’ve lost it in the move (just moved to Utah this month). I’ll probably dyno it in the next month after my FP stage 3 turbo comes, see what it can push after that.
I didn’t know this would turn into such a debate I just wanted to share my adventure haha. Were u guys able to watch the video, I’ve never uploaded one to the forums before hopefully y’all saw it.

OP
OP
Silverback

Silverback

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
One of the clues I picked up on that leads me to believe I'll never see said mod list or dyno sheet, let alone pics.

Another was the pictures of "drifting" the Ranger which consist of a perfectly clean truck sitting still next to shitbox Sierra.
Just because my friends have shitbox trucks doesn’t mean I do ?
My bad for the spelling mistake

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Alright here we go:
Custom e85 tune
Rouche CAI
MBRP exhaust
Mountune radiator
AFE Charge pipes
All that included the trucks got plenty of power, I’ll try and find the Dyno sheet. I might’ve lost it in the move (just moved to Utah this month). I’ll probably dyno it in the next month after my FP stage 3 turbo comes, see what it can push after that.
I didn’t know this would turn into such a debate I just wanted to share my adventure haha. Were u guys able to watch the video, I’ve never uploaded one to the forums before hopefully y’all saw it.
Amazing, man you left us in the dirt with your old vehicle showcase! This is great. Am I getting this right, E85 tune with no XDI HPFP? Did the radiator help with power? And custom meaning from local tuner?

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
If it is a local tuner, who is it may I ask. Los Angeles huh, where do you get your dynos? Would love to make a trip up there to do an E85 tune, you have peaked my interests good sir. TQ?

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Don't leave me, you have so much knowledge I need answers for and not many of the old E85 users are helping much, only a few. :please::crying:

Reactions: Doc

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Alright here we go:
Custom e85 tune
Rouche CAI
MBRP exhaust
Mountune radiator
AFE Charge pipes
That sounds like the like recipe. Who cooked up the tune? Which device are you using?

Just because my friends have shitbox trucks doesn’t mean I do ?
My bad for the spelling mistake
I missed the video clips. They looked to be repeats of the posted pictures.

That's an impressive build. Gotta admit, I'm surprised. Why have you been so quiet about it?

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Show me the dynos. Make me envy your truck please. You inspired me to get my first dyno tomorrow, just made the call. Putting real world data against each other and making decisions now.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Show me the dynos. Make me envy your truck please. You inspired me to get my first dyno tomorrow, just made the call. Putting real world data against each other and making decisions now.
Are you trying the e30 mix on the FP tune?

OP
OP
Silverback

Silverback

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Amazing, man you left us in the dirt with your old vehicle showcase! This is great. Am I getting this right, E85 tune with no XDI HPFP? Did the radiator help with power? And custom meaning from local tuner?
Forgot about the fuel pump LOL. Yup, got the Xtreme DI ecoboost HPFP. It’s the only way to properly run e85 in this little engine.
My buddy works at 5star and we mapped out a completely custom tune for the ranger, shift ratios, fuel/air mix, the works. It runs like a dream!
For the radiator, the power increase is slight, I was more worried about keeping the engine cool rather then getting power out of it.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Forgot about the fuel pump LOL. Yup, got the Xtreme DI ecoboost HPFP. It’s the only way to properly run e85 in this little engine.
My buddy works at 5star and we mapped out a completely custom tune for the ranger, shift ratios, fuel/air mix, the works. It runs like a dream!
For the radiator, the power increase is slight, I was more worried about keeping the engine cool rather then getting power out of it.
Dang it. I think it is off of my budget currently if I need the XDI HPFP for full E85. It makes sense. Like a lot of sense. The stock Bosch one can handle it but consistently for all applications? Probably not. Thank you for all the insight and answers. I shall DM you in the future if I have further questions, if that is okay.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Are you trying the e30 mix on the FP tune?
E20-E25, trying to keep it near E25. I think I am near E23 atm, going to go drive a little and give .3-.5 gallons of E85 to get it closer for tomorrow. So far everything is running great, butt dyno sees improvement.

OP
OP
Silverback

Silverback

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
looks fun. and the sunset looks awesome as a backdrop

never been to the salt flats....whats your process afterwards? do you wash it really well?
The salt must get into every nook and cranny.
I absolutely demolished the ranger with the pressure washer as soon as I got home. The amount of salt/dirt that fell out was a little crazy, way more then I expected. I’m happy I was able to clean it out so quick I would hate to see anything on the truck rust this soon. I even shoved the washer through the frame, hopefully I got most of the salt off.
Sponsored