Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
no posts on this thread by @Fawnbuster ... must have deleted his post?
Not clear on what your referring to, this is my 1st post in this thread, so I couldn't have made any big or small deal. Anyhow my truck appears to sit level.

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, but that's because the bed came twisted from the factory. It might be bolted straight on the frame but I can't tell.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Not clear on what your referring to, this is my 1st post in this thread, so I couldn't have made any big or small deal. Anyhow my truck appears to sit level.
See post 32. Some sort of shift in the space-time continuum... or maybe just thread drift.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
See post 32. Some sort of shift in the space-time continuum... or maybe just thread drift.
Someone is still talking about a gas cap thread. Long since over all that.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
heres the ride height info from the manual if anyones interested

1621119805403.png
So the spec is 8 mm, which is a hair over 5/16". I'm betting there has never been a Ranger roll off the assembly line that meets that specification.

Is that a big deal.. not really. But why make a specification, not meet the specification, and not revise either one?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
So the spec is 8 mm, which is a hair over 5/16". I'm betting there has never been a Ranger roll off the assembly line that meets that specification.

Is that a big deal.. not really. But why make a specification, not meet the specification, and not revise either one?
21A037B7-C022-4315-966E-B93273E93F7C.gif

VinnHagakure

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2o2o ford ranger xlt sport crew cab
Occupation
retired/disabled Veteran USMC
IF YOU STAND BEHIND MY TRUCK PARKED ON LEVEL GROUND THE RIGHT REAR SITS HIGHER THAN LEFT....KINDA AGGRAVATES ME CAUSE ITS ABOUT AN INCH. DONT TELL ME ITS GAS TANK AND STEERING COLUMN...BECAUSE MOST OF EXHAUST IS ON PASSENGER SIDE ETC.... DONT BUY THAT AT ALL... MOST ALL VEHICLES HAVE TANK AND STEERING ON DRIVERS SIDE AND THEY DONT SIT CROOKED... JUST CURIOUS IF OTHERS NOTICED THAT AND IF THERE WAS A FIX OR PROBLEM FOUND.. THANKS
I have a 2020 Ford ranger does the same thing

Fuel tank was empty with 1 gallon of gas in it and it’s still leans it’s lost an inch height or better on that side the word shims are supposedly the fixer vibration issue and she has a freaking joke my truck is getting worse now I got a hold of BBB somebody from Ford called supposed to be getting back to us about it basically we got a shit truck

The problem is on the Board of Directors where I live just so happens that one of the directors works for the Ford dealership where we bought it from and they’re not gonna do nothing to fix it

awesome I found seven body points that are not lined up properly that is not just misguided Mondays either something was done to this truck from bumper the right side cab to fenders to the cabinets self to the bed also I’ve been researching iconic silver sport 4 x 4 rangers majority of them do not have blue pinstriping they don’t come like that so pretty much they’re covering up something

also the fact I ran two different reports on my truck the same Vin number I came up with two different colors how is that possible it’s not

cry havoc let’s snuff the dogs of war that’s what I’m thinking about doing on a lighter note it’s 22 miles to the gallon so he didn’t lie about that ?

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Seems cut and dry to me. With a full tank of fuel the truck should not be off side to side by more than 8mm per Ford. If that was the spec when your truck was built, that is the spec they should fix your trucks to. Seems they can't deny being out of their own published spec.

OP
OP
chuck s

chuck s

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger lariat
Occupation
self employed
Seems cut and dry to me. With a full tank of fuel the truck should not be off side to side by more than 8mm per Ford. If that was the spec when your truck was built, that is the spec they should fix your trucks to. Seems they can't deny being out of their own published spec.
i just dont see gas tank as any issue... 1st a slap full tank of gas is only 108 lbs... second our exhaust system is on opposite side which would have to offset weight.. third..probably 90% of all vehicles made have the tank on driver side... so they all should lean and they dont.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
i just dont see gas tank as any issue... 1st a slap full tank of gas is only 108 lbs... second our exhaust system is on opposite side which would have to offset weight.. third..probably 90% of all vehicles made have the tank on driver side... so they all should lean and they dont.
Agreed, but it does for some reason. For 4 months I had a '20 Lariat SCab with 1200 miles that was nearly an inch lower on the driver side with a full tank. With the tank near empty it was less than half an inch difference. It also had the leaf shim BTW. It was scheduled to go in for service, but during the weeks out it was scheduled I learned of this crazy truck market and got 5k more than I paid for it. I really liked the truck except for that quirk and there was nothing else I'd rather have had so I bought a '21 with a Tremor package and it is perfectly square side to side front and back. Never had a chance to have it corrected sorry to say. Basically cost me nothing to get rid of the problem rather than wait for them to fix it if come maybe. It was holding me up form doing the FP Fox 2.0, wheels, and tires. Wound up with a year newer truck, Tremor package and a Super Crew for no money out of pocket.

Reactions: R_B

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
What did you find when you measured your truck?
Sponsored