Does Ford pipe engine noises in to the audio system?

UK_Ranger

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Wildtrack 3.2
Vehicle Showcase
If they're piping in engine noise then can they please pipe in a better noise via some sort of update... My brand new 3.2 just sounds like a noisy diesel when accelerating.
Sponsored

beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Supercrew FX4
2015 Mustangs GT's actually piped in in through a........pipe.

It was real engine noise just a little bit above a couple of cups and a string.

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
Here is my question/concern. When towing the throttle will obviously be more than when just driving around. My truck seems to have much more engine sound when towing than normal driving. Do we think that the electronically piped sounds are on during towing. I sure wish they weren’t if in fact they are activated by more throttle during towing. Quieter is better when just driving down the highway with your RV behind.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
You know I'm surprised the logic doesn't disable it when you hit the trailer button.

I never even thought to try but it would make sense. Oh well another thing for the Forscan team to work out.

BuckinBronco

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2017 Chevy SS
I must be losing my hearing because I haven't noticed this sound being piped in through the stereo. Only thing I can hear is the turbo when I am in the passenger seat and my gf gets into the throttle a bit.

DeadSkiHead

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Engine is pretty quiet so not really sure if there's any engine noise being "piped" in.

chuck stein

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma-now-gone
Has to be the dumbest thing ever. In recent days I have found this Ford Ranger to not be a wise purchase choice, from cheazy fake engine noise inside the cabin, to bouncy suspension, to an actual Ford letter I got in reply to my inquiry (Ford replies with BS and lies).
I was looking to buy a 2021 Ranger, but no more, bought a Colorado ZR2 w/ Edlebrock SC ! Adios Ranger. Adios 5G forum.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Has to be the dumbest thing ever. In recent days I have found this Ford Ranger to not be a wise purchase choice, from cheazy fake engine noise inside the cabin, to bouncy suspension, to an actual Ford letter I got in reply to my inquiry (Ford replies with BS and lies).
I was looking to buy a 2021 Ranger, but no more, bought a Colorado ZR2 w/ Edlebrock SC ! Adios Ranger. Adios 5G forum.
SEE ya!!!! Good luck with the trans.

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
$5k in aftermarket supercharger to get to 340 hp and 303 ft.-lbs ... pass.

Edsel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Willys 4Xe
Occupation
Engineering Professor
Vehicle Showcase
Has to be the dumbest thing ever. In recent days I have found this Ford Ranger to not be a wise purchase choice, from cheazy fake engine noise inside the cabin
...aside from"don't let the screen door hit you on the way out" was this ever confirmed?

Not to belabor the point, but my 911 has engine noise piped into the cabin and I could trade it in on four new Lariats--Ford copying Porsche, that's a good thing :clap:

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
...aside from"don't let the screen door hit you on the way out" was this ever confirmed?

Not to belabor the point, but my 911 has engine noise piped into the cabin and I could trade it in on four new Lariats--Ford copying Porsche, that's a good thing :clap:
Yes, multiple times. Ford has done it with all their ecoboost engines. "Augmented sound" is what they call it.

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
It's also not a "ford" thing either. BMW, Honda, Toyota and many other do this. Some with the audio system, others with a physical tube from in the intake system. What's funny is that GM isn't above this either as the 2020 Corvette has fake engine noise too! How Sporty!!!

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
I hope Ford doesn’t copy Porsche 911’s when it comes to working on anything.

“Step 1: remove the engine”.

:giggle:
Sponsored