Does Ford offer a sunroof in the Ranger?

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Many test have proven that the addition of a properly installed sunroof will actually add to the structural integrity of most roofs . The inner and outer rings once clamped together actually stop the roof from bending and flexing . If you've ever seen the inside of a roof panel without the headliner you'll notice that the supports that are cut out are very light and are only there to help prevent the roof from bowing inward . Any structural brace that are there in some vehicles would (should) never be removed or cut into . You could not walk on top of a vehicle without a sunroof without damaging the roof but after installing one you could in most cases .
Yeah but for the ranger the center is where the strength is in a lot of cars yeah you are correct

OP
OP

widetrax

First Name
lester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ranger lariat tremor... 2022 maverick lariat
Occupation
retired
Yeah but for the ranger the center is where the strength is in a lot of cars yeah you are correct
Maybe Ford will offer one for the new Tremor,,,,,,, with the new design,,,,

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe Ford will offer one for the new Tremor,,,,,,, with the new design,,,,
I just want a power slider lol with what the tremor is used for and what I use my truck for I am personally just fine without it in fact I prefer not having it

Jim C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger
Why??? It's because I've always liked them, and have had them in all my vehicle. For sure I wanted one in my new Tremor.
im speaking of a "fake sunroof"

Tremor i get that but not the fake sunroof

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Never put window film on a sunroof . It will hold the heat in and likely cause the glass to shatter . You may get away with it but we saw an awful lot of glass that shattered after it was tinted . It was something about the glass they use in sunroofs that was designed to reflect most of the infrared light and the window film would hold it in the glass . Things may have changed since I closed shop in 2008 but I haven't heard of anything .
Truly interesting as there have been a law suit or two against the moonroof manufacturers for 'glass shattering'....

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Many test have proven that the addition of a properly installed sunroof will actually add to the structural integrity of most roofs . The inner and outer rings once clamped together actually stop the roof from bending and flexing . If you've ever seen the inside of a roof panel without the headliner you'll notice that the supports that are cut out are very light and are only there to help prevent the roof from bowing inward . Any structural brace that are there in some vehicles would (should) never be removed or cut into . You could not walk on top of a vehicle without a sunroof without damaging the roof but after installing one you could in most cases .
Makes some sense....

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
Had a 79 Mercury Capri with the split tilt-up type sunroof. Have a power sunroof in the 2003 Mountaineer. I rarely used either. Both factory and eventually leaked. Would never have one in a vehicle again.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
That's why I said most vehicles . I haven't installed a SR since closing in 2008 but there were only a couple of vehicles that we would not put a roof in . I can't remember the models but the structural brace went front to back down the middle where most all others had it well behind the drivers head from side to side . Most did not have anything except thin pcs of metal glued to the roof panel to hold the headliner in place that offered some anti-flex to the panel as well . Now I'm curious as to if the Ranger has a front to rear brace ....Hmmm

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
That's why I said most vehicles . I haven't installed a SR since closing in 2008 but there were only a couple of vehicles that we would not put a roof in . I can't remember the models but the structural brace went front to back down the middle where most all others had it well behind the drivers head from side to side . Most did not have anything except thin pcs of metal glued to the roof panel to hold the headliner in place that offered some anti-flex to the panel as well . Now I'm curious as to if the Ranger has a front to rear brace ....Hmmm
I sent an email to Webasto-Hollandia-ASC looking for answers..... Check locally monday......

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Had a 79 Mercury Capri with the split tilt-up type sunroof. Have a power sunroof in the 2003 Mountaineer. I rarely used either. Both factory and eventually leaked. Would never have one in a vehicle again.
The '79 Capri/Mustang had a pop up (removable) moonroof. Manufacturers (all types) called for the drain tubes to be cleaned once per year - most people never had them cleaned until the obvious.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
I always wanted a sunroof until I had one.
Not worth it.
1. Leak waiting to happen. Ask my mom about her last two Cadillacs.
2. Unless it has a shade it will bake your head in the summer. Back in the 70's (I'm old) we put sunroofs in every freakin' thing and learned you had to put on sunscreen to drive your car.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Never put window film on a sunroof . It will hold the heat in and likely cause the glass to shatter . You may get away with it but we saw an awful lot of glass that shattered after it was tinted . It was something about the glass they use in sunroofs that was designed to reflect most of the infrared light and the window film would hold it in the glass . Things may have changed since I closed shop in 2008 but I haven't heard of anything .
Yeah I'm going to call BS on that one. I have seen plenty of tinted vehicles over the years in many places including Arizona(where it gets so hot the Devil Himself wont go there). Never seen a window shatter just because it was tinted. I have seen them shatter if they were fragile and something hit it!!

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I think I always spec’ed a sunroof. Then one day I realized I didn’t ever use them when I had them and always had the shade pulled closed to keep the sun from beating into the interior. Man, did THAT take a long time to figure out. Dope.

Hardly a day goes by that I don’t find another reason why I love this truck so much.
had a vehicle with a sunroof once. thought it was cool until the sun beating down on me got to be too much, even with the heavy tint. then I closed the shade and mostly ignored the dumb thing. until it leaked.
Sponsored