Does Ford offer a sunroof in the Ranger?

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Why??? It's because I've always liked them, and have had them in all my vehicle. For sure I wanted one in my new Tremor.
Makes sense to me.

Life is a lot shorter than those people who say, “life is short”.

At least you are getting a Tremor, that is a really good choice. :)
Sponsored

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I have now decided to get a 2023 Ranger Tremor, and would like to have a sunroof on it. Looking at Ford's literature,, I have not seen one there---do they make them, and offer them for sale??
They do not but there are aftermarket ones you can get put on some folks here have them but not many its a lot of cutting and alteration for even my taste not really worth it imo

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
They do not but there are aftermarket ones you can get put on some folks here have them but not many its a lot of cutting and alteration for even my taste not really worth it imo
I've yet to see any 5g Ranger anywhere with a moonroof-sunroof. Haven't found anyone who offers them either.

Classic Soft Trim used to be nationwide, now only showing two operations on their website. They were the premier auto accessory installer for years. They told me no one makes a moonroof kit for the 5g Ranger due to the main roof support running down the middle of the roof.

Driving over later to see if they actually closed down and left Charlotte.... :(

https://classicsofttrim.com/

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I've yet to see any 5g Ranger anywhere with a moonroof-sunroof. Haven't found anyone who offers them either.

Classic Soft Trim used to be nationwide, now only showing two operations on their website. They were the premier auto accessory installer for years. They told me no one makes a moonroof kit for the 5g Ranger due to the main roof support running down the middle of the roof.

Driving over later to see if they actually closed down and left Charlotte.... :(

https://classicsofttrim.com/
There is somebody here who has a tremor with one can't for the life of me remember who, it was probably a custom job that is not exactly up to safety standards tho lol. Beyond the structural weakening and the amount of cutting and slicing required to get one its just another seal to go bad and leak and another expensive repair.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
There is somebody here who has a tremor with one can't for the life of me remember who, it was probably a custom job that is not exactly up to safety standards tho lol. Beyond the structural weakening and the amount of cutting and slicing required to get one its just another seal to go bad and leak and another expensive repair.
I'd like to know more about this install too....... I seriously considered a new Maverick Lariat when I found out it was offered with a powered moonroof and powered sliding rear window.... :)

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to know more about this install too....... I seriously considered a new Maverick Lariat when I found out it was offered with a powered moonroof and powered sliding rear window.... :)
yeah the manual window is ridiculous to me lol I think someone made a bootleg electric one for that too

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s the link to @Kmedford ‘s showcase…..

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/showcase/2022-lariat-tremor-sunroof.697/

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
I always wanted a sunroof until I had one.
Not worth it.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Oh WOW!!! Thanks for this. Checking around locally with a copy of this webpage in hand. An inbuilt moonroof too. For the price, I suspect there was alot of extra work. I had a Signature Inbuilt Moonroof installed in my 2005 Mustang GT for $950 (2011). Had a larger Signature Inbuilt model installed in my Mercury Marauder for $1,100 (2018). I will report back as soon as I learn something....

SDC10983.JPG

IMG_0465.JPG

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Thankfully it is not offered on the ranger. I have seen plenty of failures with the sunroof and moonroofs with the power on them for many manufacturers including Ford Nissan and General Motors. My 93 Pathfinder technically has a sunroof on it and the cover that is normally on it unfortunately is missing. I like the idea how I can open it to allow air in or out but the sun coming in all the time is a bit of a pain in the butt and it has me tempted to put limo tint on it or zero tint on it LOL

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I gotta ask

WHY?
The fake sunroof decal is a new one on me but when I had my accessory business we sold a ton of the sunroof wind deflectors for vehicles that had no sunroof . We never advertised the mod but people would come in all the time and ask if they could get one installed . I never got it either but a sale is a sale ,lol .

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Thankfully it is not offered on the ranger. I have seen plenty of failures with the sunroof and moonroofs with the power on them for many manufacturers including Ford Nissan and General Motors. My 93 Pathfinder technically has a sunroof on it and the cover that is normally on it unfortunately is missing. I like the idea how I can open it to allow air in or out but the sun coming in all the time is a bit of a pain in the butt and it has me tempted to put limo tint on it or zero tint on it LOL
Never put window film on a sunroof . It will hold the heat in and likely cause the glass to shatter . You may get away with it but we saw an awful lot of glass that shattered after it was tinted . It was something about the glass they use in sunroofs that was designed to reflect most of the infrared light and the window film would hold it in the glass . Things may have changed since I closed shop in 2008 but I haven't heard of anything .

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I have now decided to get a 2023 Ranger Tremor, and would like to have a sunroof on it. Looking at Ford's literature,, I have not seen one there---do they make them, and offer them for sale??
No, and I am glad of it--my head barely fits as it is...

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Beyond the structural weakening
Many test have proven that the addition of a properly installed sunroof will actually add to the structural integrity of most roofs . The inner and outer rings once clamped together actually stop the roof from bending and flexing . If you've ever seen the inside of a roof panel without the headliner you'll notice that the supports that are cut out are very light and are only there to help prevent the roof from bowing inward . Any structural brace that are there in some vehicles would (should) never be removed or cut into . You could not walk on top of a vehicle without a sunroof without damaging the roof but after installing one you could in most cases .

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
On the topic of sunroofs, recently at my Ford dealer's waiting on routine service, I overheard the repair personnel explaining to a (female) customer that her sunroof would not get stuck so often if she would just keep it shut! I was already anti-sunroof after a drenching I took as a kid in my VW Van, and this incident convinced me that this was not just a VW thing...
Sponsored