DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still having trouble envisioning how this is all going to come together. I don't suppose you have any drawings or photos do you? I saw the photos of some brackets you've make - or maybe we just need to wait until you get it complete.
It's sorta simple … just imagine a horizontal 60" perforated 1"x1" square tubing mounted just below the running boards. On the square perforated tubing are 1 3/4" long bolts spaced 1" to 4" apart (user defined) with motorcycle, chrome, high crown, acorn nuts capped or applied to the bolt ends. In two holes, 5/16" threaded rods project backwards to be held by the custom welded brackets round, steel pipe. (see above) The welded brackets are then held in place by custom made threaded bolt plates which attached to the running board channels (see picture above and examine the STX600 Running board installation manual above - Fig. 9, 10 and 12) This ornament tubing can be easily adjusted inward and outward from the running boards. (user defined)
Pictures will be provided when all parts arrive from different vendors.;)
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still having trouble envisioning how this is all going to come together.
This might help you to visualize the custom made support for the horizonal perforated ornament bar with chrome acorn nuts. This support is one of four for this project - 2 per vehicle side. Notice the "top secret" compression spring for owner personal safety and for "amplified recoil" from an impact from a careless door dinger. The inward and outward horizonal adjustment can be easily accomplished with the threaded rod. The custom made, welded, bracket was primed, base, and clear seal coated for corrosion resistant protection. No holes were ever drilled in the STX600 running boards.

Support_1.JPG

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
This might help you to visualize the custom made support for the horizonal perforated ornament bar with chrome acorn nuts. This support is one of four for this project - 2 per vehicle side. Notice the "top secret" compression spring for owner personal safety and for "amplified recoil" from an impact from a careless door dinger. The inward and outward horizonal adjustment can be easily accomplished with the threaded rod. The custom made, welded, bracket was primed, base, and clear seal coated for corrosion resistant protection. No holes were ever drilled in the STX600 running boards.

Support_1.JPG
That does help a bit - and that square tubing will be (in that photo) to the left of the spring outside of running board? Interesting design - I'm curious to see what it looks like when you are done.

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
show us the pics of your gouged up shins while you learn to approach your truck at different angles and distances to avoid injuring yourself.
The threaded rod adjustment is key in preventing self inflicted mishaps;)
Also, the compressing spring reduces a leg hit as opposed to a fixed rail;)

Last edited:
OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Then show us the pics of the key scratches down the side of your truck after Bubba takes offence to his mashed up shins while all he was trying to do was park his wifes KIA beside you.
Unless Bubba has poor eyesight he would never park his vehicle beside my Ranger in the first place - the ornament tubing / bar with shiny chrome acorn nuts acts as a deterrent ;)

Also, I like to point out, that most commercial parking lots, now days, have security cameras and if Bubba decides to do a keying frenzy then he will be caught. I am also considering an in vehicle dash cam, with parking monitoring, to also pickup the bubbas.:wink:

Last edited:

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It's humor time ...

No one wants to park beside my new Ford Ranger anymore. When I park my truck, in a parking lot, it seems that every vehicle does not want to park beside my new shiny Ranger anymore as if it has bubonic plague or is carrying radioactive material. My new Ford Ranger also has "feelings" too and it becoming apparent that these careless door dinger motorist are turning my Ford into the LONE RANGER of the parking lot. I never now have to worry about swinging my doors wide open because there are never any vehicles parked nearby to my Ranger! I now have the very best parking spaces, in the parking lot, and they are even better than the motorist that parked in the handicap zones! :sunglasses::):):):)

Last edited:
OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
- I'm curious to see what it looks like when you are done.
Me too;)
Pictures below starting with the normal ornament bar adjustment and ending with the Mad Max adjustment. (user defined) I am still missing some small parts from vendors - you can see two "normal" acorn nuts as opposed to the high crown acorn nuts in the following pictures.;)

Last edited:
OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Picture 1

Normal_Acorns_1.JPG

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Picture 2

Normal_Acorns_2.JPG

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Picture 3

Normal_Acorns_3.JPG

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
***********WARNING! *** WARNING! *** WARNING! ***************

The following pictures are very graphic of my Ford Ranger and if you think you might feel nauseated by viewing these pictures please immediately exit this thread and seek medical help and advice.

The pictures (below) might give an insight or some clue to why the careless door dingers are "NOW" very hesitant to park beside my lightning blue Lone Ranger with "special" shiny chrome ornaments.

I would like to take a picture of the look on peoples faces when they approach my new Ford Ranger, with the shiny chrome ornaments, to park beside it. I believe the look would be of extreme horror and fear. It would give them "a moment of pause" before deciding to pick another parking spot far, far away from my Ford Ranger.

Last edited:
OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Picture 4

Mad_Max_1.JPG

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Picture 5

Mad_Max_2.JPG

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Picture 6

Mad_Max_3.JPG

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Pictures #4,5 & 6 (above)

Shows the STX 600 Running Board with attached chrome ornament tubing "adjusted" for extreme and very aggressive door ding protection. I call it "Mad Max" door ding protection. It is very possible to easily "side swipe" other vehicles while driving BUT before that happens your left or right mirrors will fold and/or disappear first. :frown: Also, extreme care will be needed when entering and leaving from the Ford Ranger using "Mad Max" adjustment due to the "extended" ornaments far away from the running boards.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.