DIY: Adding the 12V Power Outlet Option in the Bed

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
Looks awesome, I hope I can do as good a job with me BedRug! Well done!
Thanks! I started out just cutting a hole the same dimensions as the opening in the bed side. However, the outlet would not clamp on due to the thickness of the liner. I then cut the opening a little wider all the way around. I stopped cutting at a very snug fit around the outlet.
Sponsored

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Thanks! I started out just cutting a hole the same dimensions as the opening in the bed side. However, the outlet would not clamp on due to the thickness of the liner. I then cut the opening a little wider all the way around. I stopped cutting at a very snug fit around the outlet.
Great tip! I was going to try to sandwich it but now I know better, thanks to you. =)

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
I just did my DIY setup for my bed. I used the Wolf Haus harness and a small fuse box. connected the bed lights and a small power inverter to the fuse box already and have some connections available if I need to add some stuff later...
20210508_123754.jpg
Wow, that looks great!

WLFPIR8

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
whor.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4/Sport in Saber Orange
Occupation
Systems engineer by day, maker and multimedia guru by night.
Vehicle Showcase
More inventory and the new items are in stock now. I've got a limited amount of the 8MM battery bank cables since it's a trial run. (Link in signature)

McDeuce

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Couple of updates since I don't post here often...

I've got adapter plates that fit the standard 1"x1.25" MOLLE PANEL holes available later this week (see pic). This way you have direct access to the plug/socket since most of the panel systems kinda cover the hole.

photo_2022-03-05_10-29-55.jpg
photo_2022-03-05_10-29-55 (2).jpg

ALSO, I will have pre-made 8mm DC cables available. E.G. what you use to charge your Goal Zero Yeti, Jackery, or other battery bank system that uses that standard connector. Those along with pics will be added to the store later this week as well.

photo_2022-03-05_10-33-43.jpg
photo_2022-03-05_10-33-41.jpg

And FINALY, I have a bunch of the FEMALE connector kits available. This is the OEM side connector that's mounted to the frame of the truck. So if you want to do your own direct battery wiring, you can get that connector, some wire and a fuse, and DIY it to my current kit.

Connector Parts Layout and Notes 02.png
OEM Female Connector Parts 01.png
Wow! Awesome ! So will this fit in a Builtright Molle panel? What do you do with the hole in the bed ?

WLFPIR8

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
whor.us
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! Awesome ! So will this fit in a Builtright Molle panel? What do you do with the hole in the bed ?
The wiring still goes through the hole in the bed, and just mounts on the molle panel right in front of it. I did order one of the molle panel sets, so I'll have a better write up on the site for install, but it all works the same way, just another hole. I AM supplying some "sleeving" with each one that can go over the cable where it rests on the hole, just in case there might be enough movement to eventually break down the insulation.

McDeuce

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The wiring still goes through the hole in the bed, and just mounts on the molle panel right in front of it. I did order one of the molle panel sets, so I'll have a better write up on the site for install, but it all works the same way, just another hole. I AM supplying some "sleeving" with each one that can go over the cable where it rests on the hole, just in case there might be enough movement to eventually break down the insulation.
Very good ! We used to use these plugs from Capco https://www.caplugs.com/round-tubing-plugs-ccf .. we would punch a hole in it if we could route the wires through it or make a slice from the middle out to seal holes in a fire wall.

McDeuce

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since I have your aux wire harness I could install 2 in the panel. Awesome !

WLFPIR8

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
whor.us
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Very good ! We used to use these plugs from Capco https://www.caplugs.com/round-tubing-plugs-ccf .. we would punch a hole in it if we could route the wires through it or make a slice from the middle out to seal holes in a fire wall.
actually, there are those holes lower down that have factory gromets in them, I wonder if those would work, I need to test that. The upper hole is just a weird size.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
LOL, I don't even have the truck but I did just receive the Wolf Haus power thingie (the one with 12V and pigtail plus adapter).

And not only did he send it right away, but it's so nicely made. Even my wife commented on how well it's put together! And the instructions are impressive!

Thank you Ethan!

McDeuce

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
actually, there are those holes lower down that have factory gromets in them, I wonder if those would work, I need to test that. The upper hole is just a weird size.
Some of the lower holes are used by BuiltRight to mount their Molle panel

WLFPIR8

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
whor.us
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Some of the lower holes are used by BuiltRight to mount their Molle panel
Ah, yeah.... I just got my panels too. prolly get those installed this week.

McDeuce

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah, yeah.... I just got my panels too. prolly get those installed this week.
Nice ! I saw a YouTube video that said BuiltRight is coming out with a panel for the front wall of the bed later this year. Very cool!

WLFPIR8

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
whor.us
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just got the panel set in the mail today. Finally able to do a test fit on the actual thing and it fits great! I'll be installing them next week (I need to do an updated video anyway).

photo_2022-03-19_14-35-32.jpg
photo_2022-03-19_14-35-31.jpg
Sponsored