Delete account

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I'm sorry to hear about all of your problems. That really sucks. And I'm glad this place helps you with all of it.

People deal with things in different ways. I'm the opposite of you. I don't come here to escape reality or any of that. Me wanting to leave has nothing to do with personal things. I definitely have plenty of personal problems, I just don't want to use a truck forum of strangers to talk about them. Nothing against those that do of course, but that's not me. I barely talk to my wife about my problems.
It has everything to do with the purpose this forum was meant to serve to me. And it no longer serves that purpose, and frankly I'm not sure it ever did. I'm not a truck person, so I never really fit in very well with all of those conversations. And nobody seems to care for my engineering expertise anymore, if they ever did, so giving advice or helping isn't a reason to stick around either. The only thing I post that gets any positive traction, as opposed to arguing, anymore are non-Ranger picture posts. So then this is basically just another Instagram, and I already have one of those to maintain.
You would be missed. I love your pictures and enjoy reading your posts. There’s a whole new group now that could benefit from your advice or point of view.
Sponsored

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I gotta admit , this thread stings a little , I PM'd Dave about deleting MY account because I was thinking of leaving, and instead of the outpouring of love i now know he's capable of , he sends me this :
the-door-is-open-you-may-leave.gif

Savage...
I've been wondering where you were...you've been missed!

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I may come off as a jerk sometimes, but I am fiercely (in a probably unhealthy manner) loyal to anyone that reciprocates. If you need anything I am able to help let me know, even if its just to shoot the shit.

I've been through my own dark times, so I've been there. Just remind yourself not to make permanent decisions on temporary problems.

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
So I appreciate the sentiment, but the grief was over months ago, he was 92 and held on for so long he was just a prisoner in his own body, it was such a relief when he passed.

I will say this.... most of us are sitting in a chair in front of a computer, don't let the chair win, if you sit in one for too long, it will take your life, be sure to stay active, that's what got him.

Funny enough, he was a West Virginia farm boy, one of 7 kids, strong as a Ox, then one day he decided to retire, sat around, sat around, played a little golf, sat around, sat around, his cardiovascular system took such a dive it was stunning, then they had to start removing body parts, no blood flow, downhill from there.

Dont let the chair take you, it's the modern Grimm Reaper.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
So I appreciate the sentiment, but the grief was over months ago, he was 92 and held on for so long he was just a prisoner in his own body, it was such a relief when he passed.

I will say this.... most of us are sitting in a chair in front of a computer, don't let the chair win, if you sit in one for too long, it will take your life, be sure to stay active, that's what got him.

Funny enough, he was a West Virginia farm boy, one of 7 kids, strong as a Ox, then one day he decided to retire, sat around, sat around, played a little golf, sat around, sat around, his cardiovascular system took such a dive it was stunning, then they had to start removing body parts, no blood flow, downhill from there.

Dont let the chair take you, it's the modern Grimm Reaper.
Wisdom. Well said.
Thanks for the reminder.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I may come off as a jerk sometimes, but I am fiercely (in a probably unhealthy manner) loyal to anyone that reciprocates. If you need anything I am able to help let me know, even if its just to shoot the shit.

I've been through my own dark times, so I've been there. Just remind yourself not to make permanent decisions on temporary problems.
Hi Jack,

I would never think of you as a jerk. Direct...yes...but that can be refreshing...

best,
Phil

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
I modify the armor and clothes of the video game fallout 4 to play as big boobie characters.

Hell with being "productive" on a forum.
i know this is old buuut

1670376133363.png

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Jack,

I would never think of you as a jerk. Direct...yes...but that can be refreshing...

best,
Phil
Which translates to the general public as rude, jerk, insensitive, etc etc.

I mean, not that I can't be those things sometimes, but generally most times its not intentional, that or my sense of humor is not identified quickly by most.

Sadly its a by-product of a career where you deal with half-truths at best and pathological liars at worst on a daily basis.

I don't translate with the world very well as time goes by. I can see myself being the "get off my lawn!" old man if I make it to senior age...

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Which translates to the general public as rude, jerk, insensitive, etc etc.

I mean, not that I can't be those things sometimes, but generally most times its not intentional, that or my sense of humor is not identified quickly by most.

Sadly its a by-product of a career where you deal with half-truths at best and pathological liars at worst on a daily basis.

I don't translate with the world very well as time goes by. I can see myself being the "get off my lawn!" old man if I make it to senior age...
Hi Jack,

I think you are being hard on yourself... I read your posts and I can tell that below that LEO exterior is a very good heart... I value such people...

Best,
Phil

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Jack,

best,
Phil
hell being blunt means you are mean in todays standards.... which i very much am and it dont work to well talking to people my own age or younger ive had to actually work on not being blunt

OP
OP

WV_Ranger

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
I'll chime in, why delete the account, I come here to escape the crappy stuff in life, laugh at some of the amusing posts.

This place is like therapy, it allows one to ditch the junk in the trunk for a while.

It's sure been crappy lately, my daughter got rear ended at 50+ miles an hour, thankfully she's okay, just had major hand surgery and now I get major shoulder surgery, all within 3 weeks, and to top it all off my dad just died, oh and there's more, but I have to stop or I will put myself on a even bigger bummer.

It's like this, everything cycles, if it's bad now it will get better, if it's great now, it probably wont last, just remember, EVERYTHING CYCLES, I just wish it would hurry up, it's stacking up on me.

I will close with; just pounding this out on the keyboard has made me feel better, it's emotionally helpful let that s#!t out.

Or as my Dad used to say "don't get wound up about things you can't affect"
Sorry to hear about your dad. That would be rough. I'll add you and your family to my prayers.

OP
OP

WV_Ranger

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
@WV_Ranger where in WV are you? I would spend weekends in Seneca rocks, WV when I was in my 20's. Growing up in Maryland it was a short hop, skip and jump over. Than I moved to Lynchburg Virginia - she was not worth it - and went a few more times before moving to Georgia, than Florida.... Next move is Colorado.

West Virginia is beautiful country.
Hey I'm in The Parkersburg area. Swnca is quite beautiful.

OP
OP

WV_Ranger

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
@WV_Ranger Hope you've been relaxing and taking it easy and the stress of work hasn't been to bad for you. I see you've been here lurking :bandit: so that's a good sign you're still around. Sometimes the holidays can be more stressful so as always there's a bunch of us here willing to lend an ear if needed. Hope you and your family have a great Christmas!!??
Dave,
I have been, work has calmed down. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas. ThNk you for your kind words.
Sponsored