RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Any one running the Decked system with a topper? Please post pics. Would be very grateful.
Sponsored

Deleted member 1634

I thought very hard about going this route, but was just too worried about loosing the height and space. At the time I was considering putting our dog(s) in the back sometimes, so we needed that extra space. But now that's not really an option, for various unrelated reasons. So I really think a decked system wouldn't be too bad of an idea now. I'd also be interested to see any variations out there. I know there's one on here who has the decked system and a soft-topper. Hopefully he chimes in.

OP
OP
RangerVA

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I thought very hard about going this route, but was just too worried about loosing the height and space. At the time I was considering putting our dog(s) in the back sometimes, so we needed that extra space. But now that's not really an option, for various unrelated reasons. So I really think a decked system wouldn't be too bad of an idea now. I'd also be interested to see any variations out there. I know there's one on here who has the decked system and a soft-topper. Hopefully he chimes in.
The space for one of my dogs is what I’m also concerned about. He’s 35” tall on all fours. I also like having the option to sleep in my truck on nights when I arrive late to camp. I’m concerned I’d give that up with the Decked system. I have seen pics of couples and their dogs sleeping in the back of Tacoma’s with the Decked system, so that is encouraging. There’s just not much out there for the Ranger.

For reference, I saw a YouTube video showing the gap in the Ranger bed with the Decked system is about 8.70” after install.

OP
OP
RangerVA

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
DSC_1199.JPG
decked system with A.R.e revo . Use it for mobile detailing!
That’s the exact cap I have so this is immensely helpful. Thank you!

Jsan94

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger xlt
Occupation
Honda tech
I believe from decked to top of camper is 26in. The glass sits a little lower and that's 22in from decked to top of glass.. if you need exact measurements I can take some for you

OP
OP
RangerVA

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I believe from decked to top of camper is 26in. The glass sits a little lower and that's 22in from decked to top of glass.. if you need exact measurements I can take some for you
Thanks man, appreciate it, but the pic was exactly what I was looking for.

kaylawiz

First Name
kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger
Occupation
teacher
I have a Decked system and ordered a shell which should be coming in 2 weeks. I ordered the ARE MX series which is not cab height, it is a bit of an early rise. I will post a photo when it is installed.

Yamahauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Electric Blue
I'm shopping for a topper and was considering this option, but I often carry a dirt bike on a hitch carrier which prevents me from opening the tailgate all the way, so it's a no go for me. I wish there was an alternative that opened from the top. Now I'm considering something like the cap-pack/leer locker for my tools.

foursquare

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLR
I've got DECKED and an RSI SMARTCAP-Evo arriving next week. These apparently take a bit of doing (read: drilling some plastic on the DECKED) to make them work together, as the smartcap brakcets interfere a bit.

But once I get it done, I'll post a pic and report back!

OP
OP
RangerVA

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I've got DECKED and an RSI SMARTCAP-Evo arriving next week. These apparently take a bit of doing (read: drilling some plastic on the DECKED) to make them work together, as the smartcap brakcets interfere a bit.

But once I get it done, I'll post a pic and report back!
That’s going to be a great setup!

OP
OP
RangerVA

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Terrible picture I took last night while packing for a trip I’m taking this coming week.
6F1120B5-1B0B-44DD-B0B9-601085E3F626.jpeg
That actually looks roomier on top of the Decked than I originally thought. I’d like a drawer system but I don’t want to lose the option of sleeping in the back of the truck, which includes two large dogs.

Abjectwoe

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
That actually looks roomier on top of the Decked than I originally thought. I’d like a drawer system but I don’t want to lose the option of sleeping in the back of the truck, which includes two large dogs.
Spent about 7 days sleeping with the Mrs in the back of the truck when we were in Green Mountain National Forest. If it's just you and two dogs, I think you'd be fine with a drawer system.
Sponsored