Dean's 3D Printed Ignition Trim Ring Bezel (Build/Buy Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCrew
Dean, thanks for setting up ordering for Canada in the eBay ads. Price ended up C$ 13.61 for the ring, and C$19.94 for shipping and customs duty. Ordered.
Sponsored

StRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT SCrew FX4, Oxford White
Just wanted to post some thanks to Dean as well. Fast, the installation and detail note was appreciated and the part fits perfectly. Extremely happy! Thank you.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
this was one of the first things I noticed on my new ranger (weird gap around the ignition) and one of the first things I added - it just makes it look a lot better, more finished I can't believe Ford left it like that its such a small but noticeable detail- why leave it out?????? but thanks to dean for making it and making it affordable and easy to add!

Rangerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCrew
It was an expensive bit for Canada, but oh so satisfying to drop it in place, and happy to buy from a helpful entrepreneur. Small thing but kinda made my day.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Just put my order in yesterday. It'll be here before the truck I'm sure. :)

OP
OP

Dean

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 1988 Merkur Scorpio, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite
Occupation
Embedded SW Engineer
I just wanted to give out a shout "You're welcome" to all who have ordered their trim rings and who have presented positive feedback here and on ebay.

It is really something special for me. Allow me me explain...

My father worked for Ford for a long time.. When I was much younger and just out of school he indicated that maybe he could get me a job working at Ford. I declined, I never thought it would be proper for me to work in such an environment. I wanted to forge ahead on my own merits (even though I had always wanted to work for a car manufacturer). It turned out that my choice was best, the Ford plant closed down a few years later when Ford spun off Visteon.

Much later and after the fact, I have bumped into individuals at car shows and elsewhere who worked with my father in those days. They had only positive things to say, and in most cases, are in remorse that the Ford plant had closed. It was the best time in their careers.

One of my other, older brothers did eventually work for Ford for a short period of time in Dearborn MI. This didn't last very long and he and his wife eventually moved back to PA and he ended up working for a different company.

But I am very grateful to Ford. My father's job took our family to far away places and this gave me a broad perspective of the world.

Anyhow, I am happy to have give pleasure to other Ranger owners and in some minor way to have indirectly contributed to Ford's customer satisfaction. It's not about the money. I've sold quite few trim rings, but it is certainly not something I could make a living off of, but it has paid for the 3d printer and it has contributed to the support of this website. A good portion goes to the US postal service - but don't get me started on that...

I guess I'm always going to be a Ford guy...in one form or another. And if you are interested, my Ranger XLT has been 100% satisfaction and I hope this is the case for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.