Dealer says I better order now or else ordering closes. Is this true?

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Deposits are very common. Non-refundable.....no. I would not go for a non-refundable deposit. Tell them you are super serious in purchasing/ordering, will pay a deposit but that it needs to be on paper that it is refundable. I paid a deposit on my Tremor and have paid a deposit on my Bronco order.....I did so gladly as I am a committed buyer.
I had a local dealer tell me a refundable deposit was required, and they don’t care if I want to change my mind and back out because they will adjust it to market value and sell It when they receive it. So it has become a way to work the system to get inventory on the lot.
Sponsored

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Like others are saying seems like a red flag they say it’s non refundable. Even the dealerships I think are scummy around SE MI don’t require deposits or are fully refundable for almost any reason. Kind of like how a 5k “market adjustment” is code for legal price gauging.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
My two cents…..

Several of my friends have ordered trucks lately.

None of them asked for a deposit.
Yeah, I have a F-150 on order. $0 deposit. Order came out to 4k under msrp plus some incentives.

Plenty of good dealers out there not adding ADM as well.

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
Hey all. I'm trying to purchase (order) a new Ranger XLT 4x4 supercab and visited a dealer over the weekend. As the title states, I was informed I better order quickly as the ability to order a Ranger will soon be closed. Is this accurate?

Also, is $32900 a good price for that truck (only options are keypad and locking diff)? If not, I was thinking about just waiting to order but this dealer has me thinking ordering at a later date wont be an option.
That's a great price.

lazynorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Crew Cab XLT FX4
Occupation
Public Health
I paid no deposit for my order through Awesome Ford of Chehalis, WA. They told me if I back out, its just gravy for them - they get a truck on the lot they might sell for more than I would've paid, straight MSRP minus incentives. There is zero downside on their end, not sure what the deposit if for rather than greed, especially a non refundable one.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
OP do research around placing an order.

There are certain documents that have to be jointly signed (Bilateral contract) in-order to actually ensure you get your vehicle for the agree upon price. It varies by state.

A lot of people are just getting unsigned, or single signer (Buyer) purchase orders, which is meaningless. Then the dealers end up marking it up, or selling it out from underneath them.
Sponsored