Dealer just told me Friday is the last day to order a 2022?

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
There is no confirmation that the US version of the 6G is going to come as a MY23, just over sea's. Ford could surprise everyone by starting the re-tooling early for maybe a late in year start and it could come out as a MY23 globally. Seeing how the Bronco is built on the same line... IDK. Something very similar happened with the new Subaru BRZ. The new refresh model is already sold out for customer orders. Thus the only allocations left are for dealer lots...
Sponsored

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Dealer is lying to you to get you to commit now or whenever you were in the Dealership, Ranger production just started early Jan and Ford just updated their website for '22 model info & ordering, and now one is to believe that production is done, ridiculous.

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
MAP has a maximum capacity of roughly 420,000 units per year, they produce both the Ranger and Bronco say the split is 60/40 Ranger/Bronco respectively 250,000 Ranger to 170,000 Bronco's I could see Ford running out of capacity early. There is very high demand for both products, I would not doubt that they may divert some production but it wouldn't be this year as neither of the plants that have capacity are setup for body of frame, unless Ford does some major renovations to the Ohio facility.
It was stated by Ford long ago that the planned mix was 60% Broncos and 40% Rangers out of MAP. With the delays in Bronco builds last year (and issues), the fact they are so far behind in production.....my guess it will be more like 70% Broncos (or more) and 30% Rangers. I am glad I got my Ranger last November. My Bronco has been on reserve and order since July 2020.

FasterGT350

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1, 2022 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Quality Control
I placed my order for a 22 Ranger on Saturday, I was told that open ordering is until 3/7/22. Build & Price just came on line for 22 model year last Wednesday 1/19. Your Dealer is full of ----.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
In any other year / pandemic / economy / supply chain - I'd tell you to drive back up to that dealership and punch the salesman in the mouth. Hard. Maybe twice even if you are shorter than 5'5".

But in this world? Today? Shit man, who knows... There's enough of a chance that what he's saying could be legit. Can you validate by calling another dealership (or six). Preferably ones that are out of state since you are calling and not going there? Can he put in an order on a 2023 for you?

Kino

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150 Lariat, '21 BS BL, '18 GC, '74 Ghia
Occupation
Chair Warmer
2022 B&P comes online, then BANG... No more orders about a week later.

He'll sell you the Brooklyn Bridge for a great price if you give him a $1000 non-refundable deposit!

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
It was stated by Ford long ago that the planned mix was 60% Broncos and 40% Rangers out of MAP. With the delays in Bronco builds last year (and issues), the fact they are so far behind in production.....my guess it will be more like 70% Broncos (or more) and 30% Rangers. I am glad I got my Ranger last November. My Bronco has been on reserve and order since July 2020.
70% Broncos and 30% Rangers is probably about the right mix coming off the line to meet model demand right now. Even with that mix you'll get a Ranger WAY sooner then a Bronco. Oh and the next generation being moved way up to this fall for production? I don't believe that one bit! If anything it'll get delayed later into 2023 the way things are going.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
We can order our last Mavericks this week.

Not Ranger.

Here's the answer from one who would know. Perhaps the OP's dealer was just confused.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
The other thing is they haven't even introduced several of the special Ranger Splash colors that are supposed to drop throughout the year. So are those just cancelled now? lol For many reasons, I don't believe this rumor at all.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I’m thinking it’s more like, my sales numbers are down, need a few more solid deals for January’s quotas and need to find a way to get these potential deals done. Hmmm I got it!!! Order today and I can guarantee your delivery ?

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
I think this chip shortage has sucked the life out of the entire auto industry in the United States. I just wonder when the chip manufacturers will be able to catch up.
chip companies run at 90% of capacity. so at max if they can crank out 100 chips a month , they are already making 90. with down time etc, lets say they hit 95. How many months will it take to make an extra 200 chips?

2 years.

combine that with all sorts of secondary supply chain shortages shipping delays etc and it hasn't gotten worse, but is being felt in all segments.

I was quoted 8 week lead time on jan 5th.

on jan 18th that had stretched to 18 week lead time. On a time critical must have part or else I shut down a major manufacturer. They literally have to stop production in with out that item. and it isn't even a part for them to manufacture with. it is an air filter for their spray booths. So they can paint the parts they build.

That is how bad it is. you can plan for long lead times. it is done daily. however it is the ever shifting lead times that are a killer.

Steven D Tipton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX Supercew & Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Dealer is lying to you to get you to commit now or whenever you were in the Dealership, Ranger production just started early Jan and Ford just updated their website for '22 model info & ordering, and now one is to believe that production is done, ridiculous.
Agree with you 100% but it was actually 2nd week of December they started running 22. Can't remember the exact date

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Agree with you 100% but it was actually 2nd week of December they started running 22. Can't remember the exact date
Haha I couldn’t remember the exact date either but i got confused thinking about the plants holiday shutdown period lol.