DD SS3 Sport Fogs Review.

f1loco

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JAG F-Type 400S - last of the British Fords
Max is crazy awesome and haven't had a single flash with my yellow fogs. I drove my wife's Range Rover last night and though the headlamps were off last night. I've seen the light.

Best advise - remove the bumper - a few extra bolts and a couple of electrical clips, but so much easier to get to. Swearing to a minimum.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stevescootz

Stevescootz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
8020FB45-F75A-4825-98CF-B774AB503B3C.jpeg
DCD5AFE3-48F1-4EB5-B986-4FACE27C92D3.jpeg
FF7E0618-E08C-4939-A342-2917D43863BD.jpeg

Pretty foggy night here. Perfect for a test. Stoked on how these turned out. Headlights drown them out a little bit the spread is insane.
I can’t even imagine how nuts the max’s are!

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
That's pretty impressive. I just installed a pair of DD-SS3 sports also but haven't tried them out yet. I installed them in the lower grille and keeping my fog lights stock but with Auxito led bulbs in them.

I was on the fence long enough about getting those lights and finally pulled the trigger. Funny little back story. I have a Visa debit card that covered the cost on them. I won that card at work spinning a prize wheel....10 years ago!
Luckily, I kept it for emergency money on trips and such. But it was set to expire, so I says to my honey, do you think I should? And got full approval!!

Oh and btw, I bought the wire harness on amazon. Direct plug-in with relay and lighted switch and 16awg heat shrinked wiring. 14.95! Nice quality too.
Looks like our trucks are ready to concur all the nasty stuff out there now.
\
Amazon.com: Nilight - 10016W 16AWG DT Connector Wiring Harness Kit LED Light Bar 12V On Off Switch Power Relay Blade Fuse for Off Road Lights LED Work Light-2 Leads,2 Years Warranty : Automotive

Last edited:

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
DD does a great job with their products. I have the SS3 Max White and they are incredibly bright. I do get flashed a fair amount.
The yellows looks great! I’m a bit jealous!

IMO they are a pain to put in! My hands looked like I got in a fight with a pack of feral cats when I was done! Ha.

HotShotOffroad

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Truth be told; the sports are a significant upgrade over the OEM fog lights but the Pro's are where I found the sweet spot to be for our build's set up. Of course it really all depends what and where you are using them. I do a lot of backroad driving as well as through town too. Sport wasnt quite where I wanted it to be out while on back roads but did just fine around town. The Pros gave the perfect middle ground for both back roads and town without being too bright for either situations. Glad you liked the turn out! They are superb lights.

if anyone else needs some, we have some kits in stock and ready to ship asap :like:

Reactions: EJH
OP
OP
Stevescootz

Stevescootz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Truth be told; the sports are a significant upgrade over the OEM fog lights but the Pro's are where I found the sweet spot to be for our build's set up. Of course it really all depends what and where you are using them. I do a lot of backroad driving as well as through town too. Sport wasnt quite where I wanted it to be out while on back roads but did just fine around town. The Pros gave the perfect middle ground for both back roads and town without being too bright for either situations. Glad you liked the turn out! They are superb lights.

if anyone else needs some, we have some kits in stock and ready to ship asap :like:
im sure I’ll be ordering more DD lights soon enough… once you start, there’s no stopping!

HotShotOffroad

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
im sure I’ll be ordering more DD lights soon enough… once you start, there’s no stopping!
Aint that the truth! We just swapped the ditch lights out again. This time to SS3 Max with C2 pro side shooters. Also have some SS5s that have to go on and some new ss3's for the new bumper. Never ending process!

OP
OP
Stevescootz

Stevescootz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Aint that the truth! We just swapped the ditch lights out again. This time to SS3 Max with C2 pro side shooters. Also have some SS5s that have to go on and some new ss3's for the new bumper. Never ending process!
I was considering the SS2 as some ditch lights/spot lights. But I’ve read theglare off the hood makes it kind of useless. Thoughts? Would it be better to mount in lower grille perhaps?
Need to start filling my aux switches for no reason ?

HotShotOffroad

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
I was considering the SS2 as some ditch lights/spot lights. But I’ve read theglare off the hood makes it kind of useless. Thoughts? Would it be better to mount in lower grille perhaps?
Need to start filling my aux switches for no reason ?
If you mount them not angled down too far the glare really is not that bad. If they are forward facing no matter what youll get a glare. But for running a set of Max; I have no issues with the glare. I attached a photo to show you somewhat what it looks like inside the cab.

You could do some lower mount lights as well. If you do the lower grill or even the valance area youll need a custom mount done most likely. There are some brackets for light bars too.

IMG_7858.jpg

E Monty

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Ranger XLT/‘03 Excursion
Occupation
Sheet Metal Worker
Pictures?