Day one…

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Not a great day yesterday. After getting supplies I drive the 1.5 hours back to fishing spot. Fished a few hours and had lunch. At this point I discovered the River got my phone in exchange for the fish I had been catching the last two days🤬🤬🤬
Drove 1.5 back to my buddies town. No place to get a phone because it is tiny and remote. Make a 4 hour round trip from there to nearest town large enough to have cell store and buy new phone. 🤬🤬🤬

Today will be a day notifying friends/businesses of my new cell number and setting up the new phone.

Don’t do stupid $hit! It’s painful and expensive!
Sigh... I am way too familiar with stupid shit. :facepalm:
Sponsored

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Not a great day yesterday. After getting supplies I drive the 1.5 hours back to fishing spot. Fished a few hours and had lunch. At this point I discovered the River got my phone in exchange for the fish I had been catching the last two days🤬🤬🤬
Drove 1.5 back to my buddies town. No place to get a phone because it is tiny and remote. Make a 4 hour round trip from there to nearest town large enough to have cell store and buy new phone. 🤬🤬🤬

Today will be a day notifying friends/businesses of my new cell number and setting up the new phone.

Don’t do stupid $hit! It’s painful and expensive!
Seems like your new phone could have been programmed with your old cell number.
Or am I just that ignorant of how things are done now??

OP
OP
underwhelmed

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like your new phone could have been programmed with your old cell number.
Or am I just that ignorant of how things are done now??
Could have if I had the phone according to cell store and it was still active because number had not been cancelled. Thankfully I was eventually able to sync to cloud so I got all my contacts back. Any place I have two step authentication with has been a problem as well. Good times.

OP
OP
underwhelmed

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully today (and the rest of them) will be better days! Funny because there are days I'd love to take my phone and throw it in the river. lol But they're almost like a part of your daily life now because we've been so accustomed to having them there with us everywhere we go.

Now get back out there and catch a lot of fish! I already have over 10,000 confirmed members coming to the fish fry. Oh, don't worry about your neighbors being upset, I already told them all about it. They've already invited all their friends too! :oops:o_O🤣
My neighbors are a$$holes. I doubt they have friends 😂

OP
OP
underwhelmed

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
Hitting the road again tomorrow. Probably stay somewhere between Missoula and Butte. Going to miss this place. Fishing was amazing in this small creek. Dry flies and nymphs worked equally well. Rainbows everywhere in this small Wallowa Mountains stream.

IMG_0019.jpeg

IMG_0011.jpeg

IMG_0027.jpeg

IMG_0021.jpeg

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Heading west. One down and 2.5 to go.

mostly Highway but some KY and MO 2 lanes. Hotter than hades. Tent will be fun tonight.

in morning heading for Smith Falls State Park NE so I can see the Niabrara River. Should be cooler up there. Check in tomorrow.

IMG_4436.jpeg

IMG_4440.jpeg

IMG_4442.jpeg
wow 26 mpg! looks like you are having fun except the heat.

OP
OP
underwhelmed

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
Did 500 miles today. Made my first trip through LoLo Pass. Amazing drive. Ended up in Three Forks, MT KOA tonight. Going to see the Niobrara National Scenic River in Nebraska tomorrow. 720 miles to Smith Falls State Park.

View of tonight's camp below…

IMG_0039.jpeg

IMG_0036.jpeg

IMG_0041.jpeg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
To bad it wasn't a few days later, I'll be in that area in 3 days. We're leaving here on Thursday and heading to Billings, MT for the night. Then we're off to South Dakota for 2 weeks. Looks like you're having a great trip too and seeing a lot of sights along the way. Such an amazing country we have and so much to do and see. Hope you're enjoying your trip!

OP
OP
underwhelmed

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
To bad it wasn't a few days later, I'll be in that area in 3 days. We're leaving here on Thursday and heading to Billings, MT for the night. Then we're off to South Dakota for 2 weeks. Looks like you're having a great trip too and seeing a lot of sights along the way. Such an amazing country we have and so much to do and see. Hope you're enjoying your trip!
That is too bad, you might get me to drop some cash on more accessories I didn’t know I need😂😂😂

yes, having a great trip. The fly fishing was worth the pain 😂

I love Deadwood and the Black Hills. Are you going by Devil’s Tower on the way into SD? Absolutely stunning.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That is too bad, you might get me to drop some cash on more accessories I didn’t know I need😂😂😂

yes, having a great trip. The fly fishing was worth the pain 😂

I love Deadwood and the Black Hills. Are you going by Devil’s Tower on the way into SD? Absolutely stunning.
No worries, I'll still find a few things from here for you to buy. 🤑😆

After leaving Billings we're stopping at Little Bighorn Battlefield since we'll be traveling right by it. If we have time we'll stop at DT but if we don't we're going to try and make a day trip out there from SD.

OP
OP
underwhelmed

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday was 714 miles from Three Rivers, MT to Smith Falls State Park, NE. Sits on the bank of the Niobrara National Scenic River. I’ve been wanting to checkout this area for 20 years. Well worth the trip. Merriam’s Turkeys and deer everywhere in and around the park. Highly recommend. Great tent spot right on the River. Posting this tonight because no cell or Wi-Fi for updating last night.

IMG_0059.jpeg

IMG_0060.jpeg

IMG_0053.jpeg

OP
OP
underwhelmed

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
Tonight my hotel room in Cape Girardeau is my camp spot after a 14 hour and 20 minute 866 mile day. I pushed it and took the hotel because I’m close to the barn and after a couple nights camping with lows in the upper 40 I wasn’t prepared for MO heat and sweating in the humidity 😂. Good night! Short 6 hour drive home in the am.

OP
OP
underwhelmed

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yeah, truck scared the 💩 outa me in Kansas City. Got caught in some stop and go traffic. Truck seemed like it couldn’t remember how to shift in low gears. Glad I bought the extended warranty! Other than that this thing has run flawlessly and got great gas mileage. Yesterday I may have hit 105 mph on a downhill pass.

OP
OP
underwhelmed

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
Only warning light I had was crash avoidance…bug juice had partially covered the sensor 😂. Getting over 5000 miles of bugs off is going to be fun! Any bug remover suggestions. Big cleaning coming for this truck when I get home. Even managed to get fresh cow dung thrown onto steps and driver side door. Drove a couple hundred miles on Oregon NFS and ranch roads.
Sponsored