First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I noticed one hiccup today from Ranger. After cruising a while when I hit some stop/go traffic it had weird low gear low rpm shifts. Loving the gas mileage. I’m not a speed demon..set cruise at 72 most of the day.
I've been averaging 70-75 for most of of my trip. There's a few sections in UT & I think it was ID that the speed limit is 80. I hit 85-90 a few times but usually anything under 75 seems to be the sweet spot for good mpg. Have a good day today!
Sponsored

OP
OP
underwhelmed

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
Not much went according to plan today. My driving stats for the day. Still impressed with gas mileage.

Not in Nebraska. In Laramie and planning on camping somewhere between Mountain Home and Boise ID tomorrow night.

Not a scenic camping spot today….🤬🤬🤣😂

Had to give my back some care with a shower and a bed. Gas savings will pay for the room!

Hopefully I get good fly fishing weather since I start 6 days of it Wednesday. .

IMG_4456.jpeg

IMG_4455.jpeg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Not much went according to plan today. My driving stats for the day. Still impressed with gas mileage.

Not in Nebraska. In Laramie and planning on camping somewhere between Mountain Home and Boise ID tomorrow night.

Not a scenic camping spot today….🤬🤬🤣😂

Had to give my back some care with a shower and a bed. Gas savings will pay for the room!

Hopefully I get good fly fishing weather since I start 6 days of it Wednesday. .

IMG_4456.jpeg

IMG_4455.jpeg
Sometimes a good nights sleep is worth the extra money. 687 miles is impressive along with the mpg. I'm usually good now for around 550-575 miles and then I'm about done. Hope your backs feeling better, there's not much worse than driving in pain.

One thing I always do is pack my heating pad and Aleve with me now. Between that and my seat warmers mine feels really good this morning and that's after hiking 6 miles yesterday too. Better catch a lot of fish for that 5G fish fry we have planned at your place on the 4th of July! :giggle:🐟

OP
OP
underwhelmed

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
Update after day 3: Drove 830 miles in 13 hours to an amazing campground. It was a long day but worth it.

Today I’ll get to my location (2 hour drive this morning), Round up a fishing license and locals flies then head out tomorrow locally for 5-6 days of fly fishing/camping.

2480 miles in 3.5 days. My a$$ is not happy!

IMG_4474.jpeg

IMG_4479.jpeg

IMG_4500.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
underwhelmed

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yeah, it was Union Creek Campground near Baker City, OR. Really nice NFS area. I was the only tent camper and there were a few TVs scattered about. Had hookups.

OP
OP
underwhelmed

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
More updates coming but about 30 miles to cell service or wifi. In getting supplies this morning.

Fishing has been great, but have some weather moving in so today maybe a wash.

IMG_4513.jpeg

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Edge 1995 Cobra
Occupation
IT Demi-God
I used my heated seats a couple times today ! 👍😂 Should have got the Doc to give me some flexoril for this trip!
A note to you and the others with back issues. Ask your doctor about ETODOLAC comes in 400 or 500mg pills. I had been using flexoril for years when I had lower back spasms / pain esp when I was contracting in Iraq. it helped but gave me a hangover the next day. finally went to my doc and told him they weren't cutting it and needed something else. he said. it's about time you released that. LOL and gave me a script for ETODOLAC you are supposed to take it 3 times a day when having back pain but I can usually get by on 1 or 2 for a day or two. best thing is there is no hangover and they don't make me tired. I swear by the stuff now. When I am on a long trip I keep a bottle in my center console. Hadn't thought about using the heated seats. going to have to give that a shot

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Heading west. One down and 2.5 to go.

mostly Highway but some KY and MO 2 lanes. Hotter than hades. Tent will be fun tonight.

in morning heading for Smith Falls State Park NE so I can see the Niabrara River. Should be cooler up there. Check in tomorrow.

IMG_4436.jpeg

IMG_4440.jpeg

IMG_4442.jpeg
26mpg? I've never been so lucky.

Here's a tent mod you can add on!

Screenshot_20230609_100229_Google.jpg

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
A note to you and the others with back issues. Ask your doctor about ETODOLAC comes in 400 or 500mg pills. I had been using flexoril for years when I had lower back spasms / pain esp when I was contracting in Iraq. it helped but gave me a hangover the next day. finally went to my doc and told him they weren't cutting it and needed something else. he said. it's about time you released that. LOL and gave me a script for ETODOLAC you are supposed to take it 3 times a day when having back pain but I can usually get by on 1 or 2 for a day or two. best thing is there is no hangover and they don't make me tired. I swear by the stuff now. When I am on a long trip I keep a bottle in my center console. Hadn't thought about using the heated seats. going to have to give that a shot
I can't take the 10mg flexoril, I get the hangover also so they gave me 5mg take 2 if it's really bad. I also have a 500mg less drowsy chlorzoxazone, take longer to kick in but I can function. I can take one of each and get some sleep but no hangover. I get my spasms under my shoulder blade, darn near impossible to get to the knot to work it out. Pinched nerve in my spine.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
My problem is I'm very sensitive to any medication. Luckily I don't have to take any but when I do for certain things I tent to get really sick from them. Whatever the side effects are I'll get every one of them but I mostly get nauseous. Even when I was young and tried to take the allergy injections I'd get to my 4-5 one and start getting sick. My allergist said I was one of the rare ones who just couldn't take them.

I try to do everything I can holistically. It doesn't work for everything but for most things there's something out there much better than taking some poison pharmaceutical.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Heading west. One down and 2.5 to go.

mostly Highway but some KY and MO 2 lanes. Hotter than hades. Tent will be fun tonight.

in morning heading for Smith Falls State Park NE so I can see the Niabrara River. Should be cooler up there. Check in tomorrow.

IMG_4436.jpeg

IMG_4440.jpeg

IMG_4442.jpeg
Solo?

OP
OP
underwhelmed

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
Not a great day yesterday. After getting supplies I drive the 1.5 hours back to fishing spot. Fished a few hours and had lunch. At this point I discovered the River got my phone in exchange for the fish I had been catching the last two days🤬🤬🤬
Drove 1.5 back to my buddies town. No place to get a phone because it is tiny and remote. Make a 4 hour round trip from there to nearest town large enough to have cell store and buy new phone. 🤬🤬🤬

Today will be a day notifying friends/businesses of my new cell number and setting up the new phone.

Don’t do stupid $hit! It’s painful and expensive!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hopefully today (and the rest of them) will be better days! Funny because there are days I'd love to take my phone and throw it in the river. lol But they're almost like a part of your daily life now because we've been so accustomed to having them there with us everywhere we go.

Now get back out there and catch a lot of fish! I already have over 10,000 confirmed members coming to the fish fry. Oh, don't worry about your neighbors being upset, I already told them all about it. They've already invited all their friends too! :oops:o_O🤣
Sponsored