Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Lariat, color Saber, all the bells and whistles
Occupation
Retired
Hi Tiny,

Definition of an "Old Fart" is 10 years older than you are, or in my case, over 81 years old..

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Phil,

In my case over 79, boy do I feel old, but I got a cool truck lol.
Sponsored

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I see they have the ability to match the exterior paint color as well. The Lightning Blue, Sabre and Chili Pepper crowd will probably be all over this.

If I think too long about Magnetic...

jeffe

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Lincoln MK VIII, '19 Ranger XLT, Magnetic, 2WD CC, Sport pkg, towing pkg, rear locker.
Occupation
CPO, USN Retired, Retired AT&T Field Tech
I inquired about samples yesterday and had a reply this morning. I ordered 2 (gray birdseye maple & blackwood) Mel from the B&I sales team let me know that Bret's special order (without the cut out) will be a stock item by the end of the week.

OP
OP
Cape Cruiser

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
I inquired about samples yesterday and had a reply this morning. I ordered 2 (gray birdseye maple & blackwood) Mel from the B&I sales team let me know that Bret's special order (without the cut out) will be a stock item by the end of the week.
Thanks Jeff for update. I should have waited a little bit as I took one for the team (I paid $60 extra) for the custom piece . LOL

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks Jeff for update. I should have waited a little bit as I took one for the team (I paid $60 extra) for the custom piece . LOL
Hi Bret, I hate paying extra for certain things but in this case I think it was well worth it. It came out/looks great and you paved the way for everyone else.?

DevilDog1775

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my old farts faux wood dash applique from wooddash.com. I needed to break up some of the black dash ad this fit the bill. I paid more and had custom made area around the shifter that doesnt have the cutout for the 4x4 switch as I have a 4x2. These kits are more geared to super crew cab as there are pieces you cant use on the scab. Overall im very happy with the change and an unitended result was the applique for the climate controls kind of outlines the switches and makes then easier to see and use for me as im blind in my right eye. Stay cool today its HOT Bret
IMG_0279.JPG
IMG_0280.JPG
That looks awesome and really nice job applying it.

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
That wood trim is all sorts of interesting. Thanks for sharing.

ryday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
I'm curious how these turned out and what your final choice is. I kind of like the thought of the darker ones, but then I do kind of like the more stark contrast you get with the other options.

IrishCrusader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
So I finally got my blue carbon sample. It is about the size of a fifty cent piece so difficult to tell how it would look. The color is a little lighter than the Lightning Blue, but not too horribly different. If I were smart I would have taken photos in bright sunlight. But since I am not, here are photos taken while Dodger (my Ranger) was in the garage.
A5A3A047-55C0-4D5F-9AAE-F93F81929BB9.jpeg
3C4B7864-4C1B-4FE1-B8A7-0F305A53C5CA.jpeg
9E4057A6-28CA-4064-A319-646FFAF39106.jpeg
55ECD47C-970D-4D79-B673-8E448E6003D3.jpeg

Tiggger1531

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
retired USAF
That looks great. It really makes the controls pop!:thumbsup:

jeffe

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Lincoln MK VIII, '19 Ranger XLT, Magnetic, 2WD CC, Sport pkg, towing pkg, rear locker.
Occupation
CPO, USN Retired, Retired AT&T Field Tech
I got my samples after 2 weeks. I requested three. One was discontinued... so I got two... of the two I got, only one was what I asked for. The one requested sample I got is too dark (but nice) to provide any noticeable contrast... This may take a while!

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
I got my samples after 2 weeks. I requested three. One was discontinued... so I got two... of the two I got, only one was what I asked for. The one requested sample I got is too dark (but nice) to provide any noticeable contrast... This may take a while!
Please post a pic of your sample on your console. It may help others chose a color.
Sponsored