First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I would love to be somewhere around 400hp and 450tq but that's probably lofty on 93 octane. I talked with Torrie about what he thinks would be the next best move forward and he suggested mater/methanol injection. I was leaning more towards E85 but after seeing the price of the fuel pump alone at $1,600, I might end up going with water/meth. I just like the idea of having power at all times, rather than just on demand. I've never messed with chemical intercooling so it makes me a little leery injecting something that could potentially hydrolock my brand new engine lol. Idk which way I'm going to go yet.
BIG TURBO !
Regards
Sponsored

OP
OP
Darek661

Darek661

First Name
Darek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x2 Shadow Black
Occupation
Head of Engineering - Cook Spring Company
Vehicle Showcase
BIG TURBO !
Regards
Lol, you might be right! Kind of sucks that our turbo is bolted directly to the side of the block though, makes choosing a turbo a pain. With no turbo manifold, we'll have to get creative with how we set up a different turbo. If I didn't use my truck as my daily driver, I'd be tempted to take it off and send it to CRP Engineering to have them upgrade it.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
Darek661

Darek661

First Name
Darek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just an update guys, I just started blending Ethanol! I'm currently running a 35% Ethanol and 65% 93 octane blend which brings my octane rating to 97 octane with a 35% ethanol content! Time to turn up the boost and squeeze some more power out of it!

On a side note, I'd like to start getting my name out there as a serious contender in the drag racing world. Nowadays that means I have to have a "social media presence" I'm not big into social media but in order to see my goals through, it's a necessity. That said, it would help me out a lot of you guys would follow me on Instagram @turbo_ranger5 and like my Facebook page @turboranger5

Stay tuned for more updates!

IMG_20200407_232143_506.jpg

AtillaTheHung

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger - 2010 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Vehicle Showcase
This is insane. You're doing something that has been needed to be done for so long - dragging a plain daily Ranger. Insane! I love it. Please keep this up, heck I will donate lol.

Although, I am really impressed you don't have the fuel in oil issue with all of that abuse. That 2.3 is taking it. I also just followed you on Instagram.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Just an update guys, I just started blending Ethanol! I'm currently running a 35% Ethanol and 65% 93 octane blend which brings my octane rating to 97 octane with a 35% ethanol content! Time to turn up the boost and squeeze some more power out of it!

On a side note, I'd like to start getting my name out there as a serious contender in the drag racing world. Nowadays that means I have to have a "social media presence" I'm not big into social media but in order to see my goals through, it's a necessity. That said, it would help me out a lot of you guys would follow me on Instagram @turbo_ranger5 and like my Facebook page @turboranger5

Stay tuned for more updates!

IMG_20200407_232143_506.jpg
I Don’t do social media but I will keep in touch here..
Regards

OP
OP
Darek661

Darek661

First Name
Darek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This is insane. You're doing something that has been needed to be done for so long - dragging a plain daily Ranger. Insane! I love it. Please keep this up, heck I will donate lol.

Although, I am really impressed you don't have the fuel in oil issue with all of that abuse. That 2.3 is taking it. I also just followed you on Instagram.
Haha, thanks man! That's pretty much the idea, to build this truck as a reliable, daily driven, race monster that looks completely unassuming haha. I've always loved sleepers so this was finally my chance to build one from bone stock to beast lmao. I had a Mazda Mx 6 as my first car and built that in my dad's garage as a kid, I used to take it to the drag strip every single test and tune they had and ever since then, I've always had the itch to race, but then life, the Army, and family had other plans so here I am, 12 years later, trying to get back into it!

As for the social media thing, honestly the only reason I'm doing that is to hopefully have the opportunity to get some sponsorships, I have a wife and 3 kids, they obviously take precedence over my truck but my wife is behind me 100% on this and wants me to turn this dream of mine into a reality. Having a family means that it'll take a lot longer to realize my dream than if I had extra money to throw at it, so I've been doing little bite sized mods here and there. The next big purchase will be wheels and tires and I've been doing hundreds of hours of research into what exactly would be best and what is realistically within my budget to save up for. I've got it down to right at about a grand for Motegi wheels and 275/60R17 Toyo Proxies. It'll take a few months to save for them but that's the life of a racer and family man I suppose! Lol

OP
OP
Darek661

Darek661

First Name
Darek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
@AtillaTheHung you actually gave me a great idea so thank you for the inspiration! I have no idea if it will actually end up amounting to anything but I figured I'd give it a shot. I've started up a Patreon page! Basically it gives subscribers a close relationship and open line of communication with the person they subscribe to. Feel free to take a look!
https://www.patreon.com/Turbo_ranger5?fan_landing=true

OP
OP
Darek661

Darek661

First Name
Darek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well guy's, it's been a blast building this truck but it's with a heavy heart that I say it's come to an end. I was T-Boned in my Ranger and it was totalled. All said and done I had her into the 12's on an e85 blend. Breaks my heart that she's gone, but onward and upward to the next project. I'm looking at getting into either a Focus RS or a Subaru WRX STI. I still plan on drag racing and building whatever car I end up getting. I don't think any of us enthusiasts are ever really done building and modding our rides. All said, I really loved this forum and everyone that shared opinions, comments, and ideas along the way. This is a fantastic group! I'll drop by from time to time to see how everyone is doing and check in on other builds. Keep on keepin' on guys!

20200423_141609.jpg

20200423_141643.jpg

20200423_141551.jpg

20200423_142745.jpg

20200423_142759.jpg

20200423_141559.jpg

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Well guy's, it's been a blast building this truck but it's with a heavy heart that I say it's come to an end. I was T-Boned in my Ranger and it was totalled. All said and done I had her into the 12's on an e85 blend. Breaks my heart that she's gone, but onward and upward to the next project. I'm looking at getting into either a Focus RS or a Subaru WRX STI. I still plan on drag racing and building whatever car I end up getting. I don't think any of us enthusiasts are ever really done building and modding our rides. All said, I really loved this forum and everyone that shared opinions, comments, and ideas along the way. This is a fantastic group! I'll drop by from time to time to see how everyone is doing and check in on other builds. Keep on keepin' on guys!

20200423_141609.jpg

20200423_141643.jpg

20200423_141551.jpg

20200423_142745.jpg

20200423_142759.jpg

20200423_141559.jpg
Super Bummer..
Regards

J_D

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Sad. :( Hope you were able to pull some of your parts off to recoup some funds for your mods. Goodluck on the next one :)

FL.ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Parts are installed!!!! Installed the aFe BladeRunner intercooler pipes first and then installed the aFe catless downpipe. All i can say about the installs, the charge pipes weren't too bad it install. The cold side pipe was an absolute bitch to get in, it feels like it's about half an inch too long when they make them, which makes getting the silicone joiner to pop in place a royal pain in the ass!

As for the down pipe... The factory downpipe is an absolute nightmare to remove! For starters, it's absolutely massive in physical footprint, you'll see what I mean when you look at the pictures, it's also about 4 to 5 times heavier than the aFe downpipe and it's awkward as hell to fish out once you've got all the nuts and bolts holding it in place taken care of. I'm sure this install with vary greatly from truck to truck because of rust and nature siezr to What's more, the top left but is tucked in there pretty well, I used a combination of a 15mm ratcheting box end wrench and 4" extension and a 15mm deepwell in half inch drive to get all of the nuts off. I was only able to get my breaker bar on 2 of them so keep in mind how tight it is in and around the turbo flange. The only way I could see of getting to all of them was from under the truck. You have to snake your arms up, over, and around everything that's in the way and you'll hit muscle failure getting just those 3 damn nuts off haha.

Anyways, everything is installed looks/sounds amazing! First time starting it up, it shot exhaust out like a leaf blower haha. The amount of air in and exhaust out is insane now! I did some WOT runs and datalogging. Can't wait to see what Torrie over at Unleashed tuning can do with it now that it's breathing so much better!

As of right now I'm hitting peak boost of 23.44psi on my current tune so it'll be interesting to see how much I can get once I get the revised tune that will actually utilize the new parts! Stay tuned!

IMG_20200131_212801.jpg

IMG_20200201_033838.jpg

IMG_20200201_033900.jpg

IMG_20200201_000038.jpg

IMG_20200201_000108.jpg

IMG_20200201_000058.jpg
How did the intercooler pipe’s BOV clear the hood liner? And contact? Any modifications to lower that pipe so the BOV sits lower?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Sucks that it got t-boned.

My Focus ST got t-boned in 2016. I called the insurance adjuster and told him "I'm taking all my aftermarket parts off" to which he replied "If it's not factory, we don't care".

I pulled wheels/tires, FMIC, charge pipes, short shifter, catback, BOV, floor mats, and probably several other things. The 3" downpipe could not be removed because I had a separated sternum, and had to do all this wrenching in the parking lot of the impound lot on a cinder block with my 75 year old father.

They didn't even blink.

Tim G.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Occupational Health and Safety

20200423_141609.jpg

20200423_141643.jpg

20200423_141551.jpg

20200423_142745.jpg

20200423_142759.jpg

20200423_141559.jpg
did you pull your parts off? charge pipes for sale?
Sponsored