Sunpilot's Shadow Black Build

Sunpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I'm starting my build thread today. I took delivery on my 2019 Ranger Lariat on Oct, 18th. My plans for this truck include a 3" lift, probably Icon gear, BFG KO2 tires, new wheels, Raptor grille, spray on bed liner, tonneau cover, rock sliders, probably a new front bumper with winch, decal upgrades, Ham radio installation, dual batteries, custom removable rack to hold my rooftop tent, drawer system for overlanding adventures, and many more. It will take some time, but I'm looking forward to the metamorphosis.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sunpilot

Sunpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
My truck has less than 200 miles on it so far. Yesterday I took it to a local shop to have the bed liner applied. The young owner of the shop was very nice and professional. On top of that, he is a veteran, a Marine, actually. I support local businesses and especially veteran owned businesses, so I was happy to have him do the job. If anyone in the Phoenix/Mesa area is looking for a local shop for a bedliner, please consider him. His business is called BedLiner Veterans. I highly recommend him. So, here are a few pics of the results. If you are wondering about the flag, he includes that for free for veterans. He can also do other inserts. My next project will be a tonneau cover and the Raptor grille, which I am already working on.
20191029_090742.jpg
20191029_090754.jpg
20191029_090804.jpg

OP
OP
Sunpilot

Sunpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Just a quick update. I ordered my wheels, tires, and suspension today. Black Friday sales rock! I'm going to BFG KO2 DT tires, 285/70R17 and an Icon Stage 3 suspension. I anticipate getting the parts by the end of next week and then I'll do the install and have pics to offer. Also have my Raptor grille almost ready to install... paint is almost done. This week I will be fabricating a new set of crash bars to accommodate the lager tires. I want that job out of the way before I do the suspension, etc. I'll also post some pics of the crash bars I make. BTW, I anticipate selling the original wheels, FX4 suspension, and the grille after I finish. The truck just went over 500 miles today, so everything is about brand new. The wheels are the 18" Machined Aluminum with the mag pockets and the tires are the Hankook 265/60R18 Off-Road OWL tires. The grille is the magnetic paint that comes on the Lariat with Sport appearance package. The suspension is the Ford FX4 front and rear. If anyone thinks they might be interested in any of these items, shoot me a PM and I'll give you priority when I put them up for sale. As I said, all the parts have only 500 miles on them.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just a quick update. I ordered my wheels, tires, and suspension today. Black Friday sales rock! I'm going to BFG KO2 DT tires, 285/70R17 and an Icon Stage 3 suspension. I anticipate getting the parts by the end of next week and then I'll do the install and have pics to offer. Also have my Raptor grille almost ready to install... paint is almost done. This week I will be fabricating a new set of crash bars to accommodate the lager tires. I want that job out of the way before I do the suspension, etc. I'll also post some pics of the crash bars I make. BTW, I anticipate selling the original wheels, FX4 suspension, and the grille after I finish. The truck just went over 500 miles today, so everything is about brand new. The wheels are the 18" Machined Aluminum with the mag pockets and the tires are the Hankook 265/60R18 Off-Road OWL tires. The grille is the magnetic paint that comes on the Lariat with Sport appearance package. The suspension is the Ford FX4 front and rear. If anyone thinks they might be interested in any of these items, shoot me a PM and I'll give you priority when I put them up for sale. As I said, all the parts have only 500 miles on them.

Trucks looking good. I really love black trucks (I've had 2 back east) but they're so hard to keep clean especially here with all the dust. You might want to list your parts for sale in the members section here,they'll get more exposure.

OP
OP
Sunpilot

Sunpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Trucks looking good. I really love black trucks (I've had 2 back east) but they're so hard to keep clean especially here with all the dust. You might want to list your parts for sale in the members section here,they'll get more exposure.
I intend on listing after I remove the items. I was just putting it out there for anyone interested. I would give them priority. I love black also. My Caddy was black and showed the dust, but looked awesome when clean. I'm doing my side graphics in red, and my new wheels have a red outline to go along with the Raptor grill with red and black letters. I hope it all comes out right or I'll be doing it over. LOL

awelzel

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 302A Supercrew in Black
Vehicle Showcase
Part of my Stage 3 Icon suspension is here. The rear reservoir shocks won't be in until the 18th or so. I hope to have these bad boys on by tomorrow, and my new wheels/tires on by Thursday!

20191207_115612.jpg
What preload were your coilovers set at out of the box?

OP
OP
Sunpilot

Sunpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
What preload were your coilovers set at out of the box?
I believe they are 2 1/2" I'll post a pic of them on the truck tomorrow. I like the way they came set. The front end is definitely higher with still a small rake. I will have to re-aim headlights for sure

OP
OP
Sunpilot

Sunpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my Icon Stage 3 suspension back on Black Friday. The front parts arrived in early December and they are already installed. Today I finally received my rear reservoir shocks from Icon. I will be installing them this weekend. Finally!!!

20200122_120242.jpg

20200122_120246.jpg

OP
OP
Sunpilot

Sunpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I finally found time to install my Icon rear shocks today. I don't know why I put it off, it only took half hour per side and was super easy. New bump stops were included along with new overload leaf tip pads. I'll be building some rock sliders next. Then a new front bumper design is floating around in my head.

20200216_152351.jpg

20200216_154701.jpg

20200216_154712.jpg

20200216_154722.jpg
Sponsored