First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Exactly what I said. Maybe I wasn't clear in my description.
Ok I thought you were saying sport mode required pushing the plus button...my bad...
Regards
Sponsored

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
No worries Doc, just wanted to make sure my description made sense.

Saul Goodman
I love Saul Goodman and especially Michael !
Break Bad
Doc

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
No, just put it in sport and drive, don’t touch the buttons and it will drive in automatic..if you push the plus button you will have to shift manually...
Regards
Like he said...it will shift on its own in S if you forget; must be the dumkopf proof anti self destruct feature. What would be cool would be some paddle shifters in the steering wheel....:rockon:

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Lol I love the S in town from red light to red light. Gas milage be damned I really dont care. But boy ohh boy it really wakes up that lazy transmission. Dont get me wrong I do love this transmission, but just a lil lazy in slow traffic. I know a tune will resolve that, I'll just save the money and enjoy the Shite out of that S!!
"S" sucks in bumper to bumper traffic! Jerky and jumpy as hell!

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
RETIRED FORD ELECTRONIC/DRIVEABILITY TECH
Vehicle Showcase
:clap: That's just lol--I haven't used "S" even once yet--Over 10K on the Ranger now!!!! Trans design seems so much better than earlier designs,(seemed to "hunt" a lot for the correct gear) I just let it do its thing--25MPG city/30 HWY
Ok--I did it--used "S" !!! Major diff in RPM/Shift points. Most of you, are not experiencing a decrease, in MPG using "S"????
I did not mess/push the "shift" button, as Doc indicated below--Just left it alone, to see what happened--Only tested it for a short distance--never got into the higher gears.
This truck would be fun, at the drag strip!!!

No, just put it in sport and drive, don’t touch the buttons and it will drive in automatic..if you push the plus button you will have to shift manually...
Regards

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Ok--I did it--used "S" !!! Major diff in RPM/Shift points. Most of you, are not experiencing a decrease, in MPG using "S"????
I tried it on a half tank of gas but quit because I was losing 3-4MPG with it easily. It is fun, but I'm fine with regular D - all I have to do is mash the pedal and it responds well enough for me.

ROBERTECOX

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat 2wd sport pkg
Occupation
US ARMY (RETIRED)
I'm pretty sure there is a software/hardware glitch in the Ranger. When I put it in the "S" mode, I am unable to keep the truck under the speed limit.

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
"S" sucks in bumper to bumper traffic! Jerky and jumpy as hell!
Well that sucks for you. I have zerooooo issues with mine. Yours is defective, take it back now, Lmao that's pure power your feeling there. Jerky and jumpy as hell like a crack wh@re on a Saturday night, it needs intervention. Bawaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Well that sucks for you. I have zerooooo issues with mine. Yours is defective, take it back now, Lmao that's pure power your feeling there. Jerky and jumpy as hell like a crack wh@re on a Saturday night, it needs intervention. Bawaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Na, it's not defective, powering into the back of a car o truck ahead of me isn't on my wish list.....

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
Na, it's not defective, powering into the back of a car o truck ahead of me isn't on my wish list.....
Ewwww you got offended easily. It was a JK!! RELAX.... It's real simple... In your case then dont use it. Amazingly Ford gave you that option. Have two 2019 ford Rangers in the family and both have zero issues of being "Jerky" in traffic with "S" mode Engaged.

OP
OP
HTX1811

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
I drive in s mode unless on the highway for a road trip. Otherwise, give me the better quicker crisp shifts.
Sponsored