First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Not a big fan of stripes or stickers, every time I look at my lighting blue FX4 I'm about ready to rip them stickers off. Maybe once the weather warms up.
I see the point on a white truck. It's a bit stark without something to break it up.
Like like the one below the best. Just dump the upturn at the end and run it ftom the vent to the taillights. All black and maybe "TREMOR" in red just ahead of the taillights.

3246_stripes_1.jpg
Sponsored

NTXTremor

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
Thanks for your comments, folks. I shared my designs with my wife and here is how it went.

Wife: [Disapprovingly] Why do you really want stripes on your truck?

Me: They look cool!

Wife: It looks like a Hot Wheels car.

Me: Exactly. It looks cool.

Wife: It's your truck. Whatever.

Moral of the story: I got her approval, guys!!! :wink:

Your comments inspired me to make a couple of changes and complete the design. Doing the stripe over the door handles is probably a bad idea, but I think I like this design best. I also created views for the hood and the tailgate. The hood SCREAMS for stripes more than any part of the truck, and as an Oldsmobile guy, I love how the stripes are similar to a 4-4-2 W-30.

3246_stripes_4.jpg

3237_stripes_1.jpg

3244_stripes_1.jpg

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
I've got the factory stripes on my white Tremor. It reminds me of a hot wheels truck and I'm ok with that. I wouldn't have ordered it with the stickers, but for the deal I got I'm ok with them. I can't tell you how many times I've been asked if I was a fireman or first responder at drive thrus. Evidently they get good discounts for food.

I kinda wish the black carbon fiber look stripes were blue.

On your designs, I kinda like the latest one starting at the fender badge.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Thanks for your comments, folks. I shared my designs with my wife and here is how it went.

Wife: [Disapprovingly] Why do you really want stripes on your truck?

Me: They look cool!

Wife: It looks like a Hot Wheels car.

Me: Exactly. It looks cool.

Wife: It's your truck. Whatever.

Moral of the story: I got her approval, guys!!! :wink:

Your comments inspired me to make a couple of changes and complete the design. Doing the stripe over the door handles is probably a bad idea, but I think I like this design best. I also created views for the hood and the tailgate. The hood SCREAMS for stripes more than any part of the truck, and as an Oldsmobile guy, I love how the stripes are similar to a 4-4-2 W-30.
I definitely agree with that statement. I want to do the red/black strip at the bottom of the door. I also want the red/black on the hood, similar to your design. But just in the center. I was thinking of a black field with 1/2" or 3/4" red border and a 2 1/2" to 3" red down the center. It's all in my head as I don't know Photo Shop.
Sponsored