First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat, 84 & 85 5.0 Merc Capri,14 Fusion
Occupation
Retired
About once a day the truck downloads my phone address book, is that normal? On my 2014 Fusion it either does not do so or it doesn't show that it does.

On my new Ranger the auto unlock only unlocks the driver door on my Fusion all four doors unlock.

Thanks

George
Sponsored

OP
OP

Muscleford

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
When I walk up to the drivers door on the Ranger only the drivers door unlocks. On my 2014 Fusion walking up to the drives door unlocks all four doors.

dguffin

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Corsair, 19 Ranger, 12 Boss, 08 Zuma
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
About once a day the truck downloads my phone address book, is that normal? On my 2014 Fusion it either does not do so or it doesn't show that it does.

On my new Ranger the auto unlock only unlocks the driver door on my Fusion all four doors unlock.

Thanks

George
Your phone book will be downloaded every time the phone is connected to vehicle unless you turn auto download off in phone settings. I recommend turning it off.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Oh sure, open all doors so anybody can get in your car. Good for the thieves, rapist, bums, and other undesirables to be able to get in your car with you. Two little taps on the remote will open all doors including the tail gate. Do you need a button assist? :yawn:

OP
OP

Muscleford

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Oh sure, open all doors so anybody can get in your car. Good for the thieves, rapist, bums, and other undesirables to be able to get in your car with you. Two little taps on the remote will open all doors including the tail gate. Do you need a button assist? :yawn:
My reason for asking the question is as I said it is different than my 2014 Fusion.

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
Check on the onboard menu via your steering wheel. I know for my key fob I can select that one button press unlocks front driver side only (two clicks for all doors) or set it to one click for all doors. May be something similar for your auto-unlock.
I have my 2019 unlocking all doors at once like this. I believe it was an option I set through the cluster LCD using the steering wheel buttons.

Ames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Crew Cab 4x4 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I'll second the above. I seem to remember playing around in the dash menu and discovered the option to unlock all or just the driver's door.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
AMES HIGH AIMS HI. LOL
Sponsored