Considering removing the “Sport” decal on the bed of my Ranger XLT Sport. Has anyone else removed theirs? Is it even possible?

Michelle

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Medical
Has anyone removed the “Sport” decal on the Ranger truck bed?
Sponsored

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
It’s easy to do, wait for a hot summer day and it peels right off. Or get a hair dryer on a mid heat setting and get it slightly warm and it comes off easily

Dhass68

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Brake and Suspension mechanic
Super easy to remove the sport or FX4 decal when it is warm out, or a hair dryer like Jimmy said :thumbsup:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
My FX-4 decals peeled @ first wash, ripped 'em right off.

OP
OP

Michelle

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Medical
Thank you! I just think it makes the truck look a little wimpy. ha!
I may have the aftermarket people at the dealership remove it so I won’t be held liable if any problems arise

OP
OP

Michelle

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Medical
Wow!!! I see I’m not the only one that removes decals! ??

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone removed the “Sport” decal on the Ranger truck bed?
Yup. Removed that and the ecoboost badge soon as I got home from dealer in March 2020

Thank you! I just think it makes the truck look a little wimpy. ha!
I may have the aftermarket people at the dealership remove it so I won’t be held liable if any problems arise
Uh... what? Dude all you do is hit it with your wife or girlfriends hairdryer for a second then peel it right off. It is literally a sticker decal.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Removed my 4x4 sticker as soon as I got it home, as well as the EcoBoost badge, dealer crap, and blackout decals between the windows. Everything came off clean in about 15 minutes.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
And here I added the FX2 decals to mine just the other day. ?

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
I find the stickers all look sort of odd, like they are too small. I saw a Tremor and the decal looks super small, and sort of out of place, like it was made for the EcoSport. I’m taking the FX4 decal off and might get one of them fancy Ranger splash stickers or something.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
This thread reminded me of my teenage years. First job was at a body shop in the 90's at what seemed to be the height of stick on's for cars. All the custom trucks and vans wore me out removing or adding decals and pins. Yall remember Regency, Starcraft and so on trucks and vans? They loved sticking stuff on those things! When someone wrecked one we had repair it and match and re sticker them. One day we did the screaming chicken on a Firebird hood... My thumbs and patience will never be the same. took two attempts. Found a new job not long after.
I like the sans sticker bed sides on Rangers. I might peel mine one day. I have seen some custom color sport, tremor fx4 and so on stickers on ebay and etsy. Some of them look pretty sharp. Maybe peel the factory sport sticker and get a unique color?
The heat gun / hair dryer really helps as others mentioned, also try a spray bottle with 99 percent water and a few drops of dish soap. Spray the area down after heated and then peel. The soapy water helps to prevent minor scratching and oopsies. Think of it like wet slick paint is much harder to scuff and scratch than dry paint.

Gsxrdoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger, XLT 4x4, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Therapist -- Retired Navy
Had window tint put on and decals removed.

JimInAllen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX SuperCrew 2WD
Occupation
Cybersecurity Consultant
Yep! I removed my STX the day I bought it!

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
This thread reminded me of my teenage years. First job was at a body shop in the 90's at what seemed to be the height of stick on's for cars. All the custom trucks and vans wore me out removing or adding decals and pins. Yall remember Regency, Starcraft and so on trucks and vans? They loved sticking stuff on those things! When someone wrecked one we had repair it and match and re sticker them. One day we did the screaming chicken on a Firebird hood... My thumbs and patience will never be the same. took two attempts. Found a new job not long after.
I like the sans sticker bed sides on Rangers. I might peel mine one day. I have seen some custom color sport, tremor fx4 and so on stickers on ebay and etsy. Some of them look pretty sharp. Maybe peel the factory sport sticker and get a unique color?
The heat gun / hair dryer really helps as others mentioned, also try a spray bottle with 99 percent water and a few drops of dish soap. Spray the area down after heated and then peel. The soapy water helps to prevent minor scratching and oopsies. Think of it like wet slick paint is much harder to scuff and scratch than dry paint.
My buddy just bought 2 30 ft box trucks from a guy shutting down his moving business for his. He had to remove all the lettering an strips to prep it for his company's decals. Took 3 guys a day to do each truck.
Sponsored