Close to pulling the trigger. But unsure of which 4x4 and trim

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Not an Apple guy, but as far as I know it should be plug and play on the Lariat, Android was and it suposedly has both....usb hookup required.
Sponsored

Brian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I am waiting on a dealer spec'd XLT 4x4 with locker. I'd like to upgrade to Icon suspension so I don't think going FX4 makes sense, especially since I don't feel the need for the electronic gagdets that come along with it.

Stan McKinney

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger,
Hey everyone.... sorry in the delay but didn’t want to jinx myself ha.

Yeah I went with the Lariat “stripped” model. It has the factory drop in liner which I actually like! 265/60-18 tire upgrade? And towing kit.

And sorry about the fx4 questions. And thanks for the information and details. This is my first RWD biased ride.

Just got home and was actually worried about my drive as typically every car or suv or Ridgeline even, would have slight wheel spin - as you have your wheels turned hard and coming off of a incline road that has a decent bow to it for rain drainage into a semi steep driveway. It’s only 2 maybe 3 cars deep but yeah. Anyhow - I think I understand now what why suspension articulation matters. As I kept it in just 2wd and never had anything come up with zero drama. Oh most of our cars typically have a wheel fully off the ground when backing out.... so I guess have the drive wheels planted makes a difference ha.

That said really enjoy it. — now off for a ride.

Oh not a big thing as I use CarPlay but can you just buy some sort of unlock code for factory navigation? Or is it lacking hardware too?
Someone mentioned remote operated rear window. I didn’t know there was such a thing in the Ranger. I have the Lariat and no such option.

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
Someone mentioned remote operated rear window. I didn’t know there was such a thing in the Ranger. I have the Lariat and no such option.
I dont believe a powered rear window options exists for any trim level on the current 2019 Ranger. At least in the US.
Sponsored