First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I get good flow out of panel vents, even with panel and floor selected. But with every Ford I've owned air flow out of floor vents is dismal, even when set to floor only. I never use auto setting. I have it set to remember my last settings.
Sponsored

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
I noticed yesterday barely any was coming out of the dash vents, but once the truck warmed up a bit it kicked on (that was on manual, not auto). I've never had that issue before. Whenever I do auto climate, it kicks on the foot well and will eventually kick on the dash vents. Maybe ive never noticed because I almost always start my car for at least 5 mins before I get in?

OP
OP
Ranger3

Ranger3

First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Xlt Sport 4x4
Occupation
Store Mgr
I noticed yesterday barely any was coming out of the dash vents, but once the truck warmed up a bit it kicked on (that was on manual, not auto). I've never had that issue before. Whenever I do auto climate, it kicks on the foot well and will eventually kick on the dash vents. Maybe ive never noticed because I almost always start my car for at least 5 mins before I get in?
Look at my photo that's the setting u have to try. Not auto.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Look at my photo that's the setting u have to try. Not auto.
Yeah I poorly worded it my bad. I did that way yesterday (manual) and noticed not much air blowing. I'll give it a try in a bit again and let you know.

dano42

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Ranger Lariat Tremor, 2018 BMW X5
Occupation
Retired!
My climate control is outside where it rarely gets below 60 during the day in the winter and above 75 in the summer. My complaint would be that when you are driving, its hard to see the controls,

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I've had much worse.
OIP (1).jpeg
Having driven one of these in winter I can attest to how bad the "heaters" were in them... On a 25 in minute or so drive in 30 degree weather you might just begin to start getting what one could consider as warmish air from the vents... Of course this was absolutely negated by the fact that you had to keep the wing windows open to prevent the windshield from fogging up.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
My 1979 CJ7 with the swapped in 350 also came with an unintentional foot warmer.

First time I drove it on a trip after the swap, I noticed that the footwells were warm.

Moved my foot and the sole was melted to the floor ?

Needless to say I added heat shields and insulation afterwards.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Just tried again. When I set it like you have it's definitely blowing out pretty good.

Hawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
This exactly how my 2021 does as well. Ridiculous that Ford doesn't put an adjustment wheel on the dash vents.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Having driven one of these in winter I can attest to how bad the "heaters" were in them... On a 25 in minute or so drive in 30 degree weather you might just begin to start getting what one could consider as warmish air from the vents... Of course this was absolutely negated by the fact that you had to keep the wing windows open to prevent the windshield from fogging up.
I had a '72 with the flat windshield which was easy to scrape when it frosted up inside. The '73 with the curved glass was impossible to scrape. Had a handheld defroster to plug into the cigar lighter to keep the windshield clear.

Actually, I may be tied with you. My 1977 Corvette was an oven even with the t tops off.
I had plenty of heat in the summer. I would crawl under the car and manually shut off the heat.

On the original topic, when heat set to dash and floor, full fan; the side vents on the dash blow harder than the center vents on the dash. Flow is sufficient for me. No idea on the floor. I usually use auto all the time so never really noticed until I checked it today.

Something I did notice is when I hit max and then back to auto, the temp stays on high, it doesn't go back to the last temp I had set. Never noticed that before. Slightly annoying but I won't complain.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
I had a '72 with the flat windshield which was easy to scrape when it frosted up inside. The '73 with the curved glass was impossible to scrape. Had a handheld defroster to plug into the cigar lighter to keep the windshield clear.

I had plenty of heat in the summer. I would crawl under the car and manually shut off the heat.

On the original topic, when heat set to dash and floor, full fan; the side vents on the dash blow harder than the center vents on the dash. Flow is sufficient for me. No idea on the floor. I usually use auto all the time so never really noticed until I checked it today.

Something I did notice is when I hit max and then back to auto, the temp stays on high, it doesn't go back to the last temp I had set. Never noticed that before. Slightly annoying but I won't complain.
Yes I did notice that the center vents are less than the side vents but I prefer it that way. In my focus if I had the heat on somewhat high my right hand at 3 o clock position would get uncomfortably hot to the point of me needing to drive one handed. Maybe it's intentional? Or maybe I'm the only one whose ever had that issue and it's just a coincidence?

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
Does everybody's blower get loud when it's on floor and dash? floor alone and dash alone are okay.
And for anybody who is not happy with the HVAC when you remote start (like me) there is a SSM 50293 it's about poor performance when remote starting.

OP
OP
Ranger3

Ranger3

First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Xlt Sport 4x4
Occupation
Store Mgr
UPDATE
WELL I took her in today all my noises are caused by a faulty heaterbox and the blend door both which have to be changed. They ordered it. Than will take 2 days to do. Seats have to come out and dash. I'm not happy but hopefully they can put it all back together.
Sponsored