First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2016 Ford escape
Occupation
retired
Have a 2019 lariat and had trouble with the radio satellite not acquiring signal Took in 4 times on one trip they changed apim . After this service the climate control screen disappeared so i can not control vents no hard control switch. They told me that ford was aware of the problem and they would get a solution. It has been over 6 weeks no solution. When I asked a week ago they said they had not received anything yet. I had to make a long trip and without vents can be very uncomfortable. Any one else had this how long should I be patient? The radio was fixed on fourth trip with new antenna.
Sponsored

RangerBill

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew FX4
Occupation
retired
Have a 2019 lariat and had trouble with the radio satellite not acquiring signal Took in 4 times on one trip they changed apim . After this service the climate control screen disappeared so i can not control vents no hard control switch. They told me that ford was aware of the problem and they would get a solution. It has been over 6 weeks no solution. When I asked a week ago they said they had not received anything yet. I had to make a long trip and without vents can be very uncomfortable. Any one else had this how long should I be patient? The radio was fixed on fourth trip with new antenna.
Perhaps updating Sync to the latest firmware would restore the missing screen.

OP
OP

lonelybob

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Thank you very much for the suggestion.They said they would try to update it when I took it in for the antenna even through it was done when ipim was replaced so I assume they did. I did watch them do a reset on screen neither helped.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
I'm missing mine too but think I removed it with forscan. I removed it since i always use auto mode anyway. Forgot it was gone until my wife wanted heat on the dash instead of at her feet. Now it's just too cold to go out and mess with forescan. ?

OP
OP

lonelybob

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
I have been running in auto mode also but on a 8 hour trip dash vents ran maybe 20 minutes. Wife feet were also burning up.

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
I have been running in auto mode also but on a 8 hour trip dash vents ran maybe 20 minutes. Wife feet were also burning up.
What version Sync3 do you have? There was a problem way back where a particular version lost the Climate screen on a lot of 2019 vehicles. A subsequent update fixed the problem. There’s no excuse for the dealer giving the vehicle back to you this way.

OP
OP

lonelybob

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Version 3.4 they were supposed to update all this back in Oct and charged me for it when I was having trouble with radio. Not happy with them but another dealer is 50 miles away.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Version 3.4 they were supposed to update all this back in Oct and charged me for it when I was having trouble with radio. Not happy with them but another dealer is 50 miles away.
Do you have a PC that you can download the most recent data file? Need a USB stick and you can do this yourself. Sounds like an update will probably straighten out your issue too!

OP
OP

lonelybob

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
I do not have a way to do this rely on dealer will have to give them hell maybe they have charged me three times for work now.

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Look in settings to see the specific version you have. 3.4 is the high level version. For example, the latest is 3.4.22251.