Climate Control Mode Positions

Akshon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat FX4 Crew Magnetic
Am I crazy or is it impossible to have the climate control mode set to defrost and dash vents at the same time. The buttons on the sync display simply wont allow it. There is no issue setting defrost and floor to run simultaneously. Can anyone confirm? Lariat with dual zone climate. I want my hands warm and the windshield clear in the AM... Not barbecued boots. This and the lack of lighting on the hard buttons is starting to peeve me.
Sponsored

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I've never had or seen a vehicle with the option for defrost and dash. defrost, defrost/floor, dash, dash/floor

OP
OP
Akshon

Akshon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've never had or seen a vehicle with the option for defrost and dash. defrost, defrost/floor, dash.
My 17 Escape I traded and my wife’s fusion both allow this setting. Hmmm. Maybe I got too spoiled with the Titanium trim level.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My 17 Escape I traded and my wife’s fusion both allow this setting. Hmmm. Maybe I got too spoiled with the Titanium trim level.
my 15 explorer limited only has the 4 settings.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I just checked my 18 GMC work pickup and it's only got the 4 diff settings too. I know in my explorer and work pickup when the defrost is on there is a small vent that blows to my driver window and passenger window, but the main vents on the dash don't have air flow.

OP
OP
Akshon

Akshon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just checked the Fusion. It has no problem with that setting. Must be a Titanium Trim thing.

AA99CC8C-B9D3-4C73-9989-D43030F1881F.jpeg

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That would be a great option, must be just certain models. Working in the oilfield and when -30's having the defrost on and floor I too have my feet baked, it'd be nice to have the defrost and dash option I agree... :)

OP
OP
Akshon

Akshon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That would be a great option, must be just certain models. Working in the oilfield and when -30's having the defrost on and floor I too have my feet baked, it'd be nice to have the defrost and dash option I agree... :)
Yea, I guess I just got used to having it on my other cars and took it for granted... untill it was gone!

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
The dual zone climate control on my 2016 TC will allow each function to operate independently.
If I run the defrost with the dash though, the defrost tends to rob the dash. If each light comes on,try setting the two together and increase the fan speed.

OP
OP
Akshon

Akshon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dual zone climate control on my 2016 TC will allow each function to operate independently.
If I run the defrost with the dash though, the defrost tends to rob the dash. If each light comes on,try setting the two together and increase the fan speed.
Exactly! And here lies the issue with the Ranger. Both buttons (defrost and vent) can not be simultaneously selected. If you have vent selected and press defrost, it cancels the vent selection. And vis versa. There must be some sort of physical difference in the doors that control the airflow and it physically cannot blend these two modes so it wont let you select both.
Sponsored