Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Xlt Sport 4x4
Occupation
Store Mgr
UPDATE
WELL I took her in today all my noises are caused by a faulty heaterbox and the blend door both which have to be changed. They ordered it. Than will take 2 days to do. Seats have to come out and dash. I'm not happy but hopefully they can put it all back together.
My thing is is this a big deal that this failed? Should I be concerned about the long term life of this truck?
Sponsored

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
UPDATE
WELL I took her in today all my noises are caused by a faulty heaterbox and the blend door both which have to be changed. They ordered it. Than will take 2 days to do. Seats have to come out and dash. I'm not happy but hopefully they can put it all back together.
Wow, well glad you are on your way to getting it fixed at least.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
UPDATE
suggest you take pics of the dash beforehand - just in case you get it back with scratches, misalignment, etc . a lot of panels have to come out. good news is it failed under warranty.

OP
OP
Ranger3

Ranger3

First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Store Mgr
suggest you take pics of the dash beforehand - just in case you get it back with scratches, misalignment, etc . a lot of panels have to come out. good news is it failed under warranty.
Yeah all fully covered. And he said they have done it before.

Gonefishin

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Truck driver
My thing is is this a big deal that this failed? Should I be concerned about the long term life of this truck?
That's what I'm thinking too. I have a 2019 and it got warm the other day so I turned on the AC. Cold on the passenger side and warm on driver side. Warranty ran out months ago. I ain't paying $1700. Getting rid of it.

OP
OP
Ranger3

Ranger3

First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Store Mgr
Well my Ranger went in 7am yesterday..... Told them I took photos of the inside to make sure there's no scratches or anything and as of right now it's finished and I'm on my way to pick it up.

OP
OP
Ranger3

Ranger3

First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Store Mgr
Well I got it back. All is perfect. HVAC works as it should. No buzzing ,squeaks or humming as of yet. I will see in a.m. with cold start....only thing I see is a slight scratch knick on my emergency brake. Prob taking seats out. Can I really complain? Dash is fine ...led screen and gauge glass clean. Could have been worse. More upset they didn't wash her or detail inside. It's messy ...windshield has prints all over it so does dash...but overall happy.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Just dropped mine off this morning.

Almost no flow from center vents.

The dealer says they have a backlog but should be able to get to it this week.

Then just gotta hope that Ford has the parts in stock to fix it.

Now I have a week of driving just my Jeep to see if I can actually deal with it as my only daily driver.

OP
OP
Ranger3

Ranger3

First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Store Mgr
Just dropped mine off this morning.

Almost no flow from center vents.

The dealer says they have a backlog but should be able to get to it this week.

Then just gotta hope that Ford has the parts in stock to fix it.

Now I have a week of driving just my Jeep to see if I can actually deal with it as my only daily driver.
Well I'll tell you this. They had the part in a couple days so they definitely have them. It's fixed. I think by design even when you put the forward vent on with the feet vent it definitely slows up coming out the center vent It's fixed. I think by design even when you put the forward vent on with the feet vent it definitely slows up coming out the center vent... But all is working. Went out any weird noises

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
There is no way I'd leave my truck parked at a repair shop waiting for parts that don't affect driving or safety. I'd tell them order the part. When you get it, I'll bring in the truck.
Sponsored