Chair Leg BOV Mod (VTA or Vent to Atmosphere)

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Lol no, I just love Canadian euphemisms so much :) It chooches pretty skookum though under load. I did however hook it up right after that video was taken. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So with the better weather, I decided to revisit this to see just how annoying I could be. I unhooked it at the bottom and used the exact same chair leg rubber thingy described above. It can BARELY be hear inside the cab at speed (even from full boost), and is decently audible from outside the vehicle. I hooked it back up because It wasn't nearly annoying enough to leave disconnected. I'd still like to get my hands on one of those GFB diverter valves, but I first want to see how it does towing my trailer.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
So with the better weather, I decided to revisit this to see just how annoying I could be. I unhooked it at the bottom and used the exact same chair leg rubber thingy described above. It can BARELY be hear inside the cab at speed (even from full boost), and is decently audible from outside the vehicle. I hooked it back up because It wasn't nearly annoying enough to leave disconnected. I'd still like to get my hands on one of those GFB diverter valves, but I first want to see how it does towing my trailer.
does the GFB’s diverted make a whoosh sound like a bov

Last edited:
OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
does the GFB’s diverted make a whoosh sound like a bov
No, it uses the exact same housing and piping as the OEM one, but just changes how the valve opens. I suppose you could make it whoosh by doing the same thing, though due to the nature of the valve, it may whoosh in a sissier more reserved sort of way.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
No, it uses the exact same housing and piping as the OEM one, but just changes how the valve opens. I suppose you could make it whoosh by doing the same thing, though due to the nature of the valve, it may whoosh in a sissier more reserved sort of way.
Thanks...don’t need the whoosh...yeah I looked at the video..thanks again.

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks...don’t need the whoosh...yeah I looked at the video..thanks again.
Lol, nobody needs it, but sometimes it's nice to play around and know how things work :)

Reactions: Doc

PandaMotorworks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2017 Titan 2008 Ford Focus 2014 Ford Fiesta ST

they are still 10% off until the end of the month! Dont miss out! In stock and can ship asap!

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
Lol, nobody needs it, but sometimes it's nice to play around and know how things work :)
Does this in any way alter the regular performance, or throw codes? Or is it purely for sound?

Id be into trying it for fun IF I’m not going to damage my 40,000 dollar truck! Haha.

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does this in any way alter the regular performance, or throw codes? Or is it purely for sound?

Id be into trying it for fun IF I’m not going to damage my 40,000 dollar truck! Haha.
It's just for sound, the only downside is all of the air lost when the diverter vents went through your air filter, and that much air has to be sucked back through the filter (so basically you're using your air filter to clean a little air that you then use to make choo choo noises).

Other than that, nothing bad will happen.

I should add that I can barely hear it inside the cab with the windows rolled up. I only left mine unhooked for a couple drives, but other people have been doing it for years on cars with the same engine.
Sponsored

Last edited: