First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I can confirm after using it, that the SureCan works without a funnel in our truck and is *super* convenient.

https://vpracingfuels.com/product/vp-surecan/?c=237&

It's a compact footprint and fits in the bed easily even with a tonneau.
Amazon has these at $10 cheaper, but won't ship to Calif (Boo!). The company will ship to me but... $76 each for 5 gallon w/tax & shipping, that's a LOT for a gas can.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Amazon has these at $10 cheaper, but won't ship to Calif (Boo!). The company will ship to me but... $76 each for 5 gallon w/tax & shipping, that's a LOT for a gas can.
Yup. 4WP is also not selling them in CA for some reason, they said that they had some kind of hold on them but couldn't elaborate on what. I am happy to pay $74 direct (that's what it was shipped to me as well) for a can that 1) I can easily manage my self, 2) doesn't require any kind of extra spout or funnel to use in my truck, 3) can easily fit in my bed under the tonneau cover without taking up a bunch of space, and 4) is still certified and safe for travel and transport.

I'll probably almost never replace it, it's a good investment IMO. For comparison, a 4.5gal RotoPax is $120, and then you still need to worry about the funnel itself. Easy math for me.

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
I have a few of these, and purchased them to ship directly to CA via eBay, since other stores (eg amazon) wouldn't ship to CA.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Yup. 4WP is also not selling them in CA for some reason, they said that they had some kind of hold on them but couldn't elaborate on what. I am happy to pay $74 direct (that's what it was shipped to me as well) for a can that 1) I can easily manage my self, 2) doesn't require any kind of extra spout or funnel to use in my truck, 3) can easily fit in my bed under the tonneau cover without taking up a bunch of space, and 4) is still certified and safe for travel and transport.

I'll probably almost never replace it, it's a good investment IMO. For comparison, a 4.5gal RotoPax is $120, and then you still need to worry about the funnel itself. Easy math for me.
I paid $30 each for 2 5 gallon cans made of the same poly, and $15 for an easy pour spout the fits the capless fill port without the need of a funnel, and work fine, and they fit easily under my BakFlip. And these are double handle cans so easy to lift and hold.
Sponsored