captcha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
I've been on here everyday almost since joining haven't ran into it yet, but I'm all for extra security, as long as it isn't the ones that make you flip an image or choose the one with the correct shadow.
Sponsored

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Every time I log on now with Samsung tablet, starting about a week ago. What's a VPN?
A vpn is a virtual private network. It adds a layer of encryption between your device's internet access and the site you are going to or any other activity. A lot of companies use it so that people who work from home can access the companies resources.

Sign1941

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT/FX4
Daily when I use my laptop with VPN, what has really been annoying is lately, when using my iPhone with chrome browser the adds have been overwhelming!! I have to scroll through large adds every time I’m in here (really started to get bad the last 30 days)

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Daily when I use my laptop with VPN, what has really been annoying is lately, when using my iPhone with chrome browser the adds have been overwhelming!! I have to scroll through large adds every time I’m in here (really started to get bad the last 30 days)
Add blocker on an IPhone! Look for add block plus and happy days again!! ?

RangerAJS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4, black out package, 302a, technology.
Occupation
Problem Solver
We've recently implemented some additional security to prevent spam, so that may be causing a few false-positive captchas.

A few questions if you could help answer:
  • How many times have you been asked to complete a captcha?
  • If more than once, how often?
  • Are you using a VPN?

Thanks.
Asked for captcha every time I log in and use VPN

Sign1941

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT/FX4
Captcha now popping up every time I click anything ion the site! I do work through a VPN and it never did this before just a week or so ago? Whatever changes you made, they STINK! It getting to the point that I may have to switch to a different forum (I don't want to!) Please adjust your settings back to where they were before!

Thanks

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
We've recently implemented some additional security to prevent spam, so that may be causing a few false-positive captchas.

A few questions if you could help answer:
  • How many times have you been asked to complete a captcha?
  • If more than once, how often?
  • Are you using a VPN?

Thanks.
I use Safari on both my iPad and iPhone and have never been presented with a captcha screen on ranger5g. I am not using VPN.

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
A vpn is a virtual private network. It adds a layer of encryption between your device's internet access and the site you are going to or any other activity. A lot of companies use it so that people who work from home can access the companies resources.
Thanks for the explanation. I recently set up a new mesh wifi home network, but I don't recall if VPN was an option. I would like to opt out of these captchas though, as sometimes I can't tell a curb from a crosswalk.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Thanks for the explanation. I recently set up a new mesh wifi home network, but I don't recall if VPN was an option. I would like to opt out of these captchas though, as sometimes I can't tell a curb from a crosswalk.
Yeah I understand, good choice with a mesh network btw, great range and a lot of them have built in ad blocking filters. VPN is usually a third party unrelated to your network. Usually a service you pay for. Honestly for the everyday average person they are more useful on public wifi than at home. Unfortunately there is not really a good way to skip captcha's. There is the option to pay people in tech firms oversees like a quarter of a cent per captcha to complete them. The ones where you just click the box are a lot nicer :)

Last edited:

RangerAJS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4, black out package, 302a, technology.
Occupation
Problem Solver
Seems to be getting worse, not better. This is the ONLY site that does this. Yes, using VPN and Chrome. What’s up with that? Just trying to get to this thread took me 3 captcha screens. BS.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I get it every single time I click on a sub forum or thread. I tried turning off my vpn an opening a new window an it still get it every single time. I'm using a pc with windows 10 an chrome

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Anybody getting ad from Root insurance at bottom of page ? It totally shuts down the forum for me until you x it out then returns to normal operation. Annoying

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Anybody getting ad from Root insurance at bottom of page ? It totally shuts down the forum for me until you x it out then returns to normal operation. Annoying
You can use add blockers and ‘tune’ them to block certain URL’s and leave others alone or just block everything

Status
Not open for further replies.