First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
I fix Pink jeeps
When you did the leafs, did you keep the plate on the driver side ? And vibration issues after install ? TiA
I did not, the OME leaf pack didn’t have the little indent in it like the old pack. I did re use the top plate that the u bolts ride on. No vibration issues as of yet.
Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
You can definitely tell its hirer then the Tremor. Plus the benefit of the further adjustability of the
2.5 " EMU BP 25's. 33" tires with original Crash Bars I am presuming.

Reactions: Doc

AndyMedic

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Paramedic
How is your experience with the bp-51’s. I have the regular OME and plan to upgrade at some point. Just looking for real world feedback as there isn’t a lot.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
AZRanger

AZRanger

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
I fix Pink jeeps
How is your experience with the bp-51’s. I have the regular OME and plan to upgrade at some point. Just looking for real world feedback as there isn’t a lot.
I still need to do a full write up on these. Life’s been busy. But basically on-road they are great. They’re adjustable as soft or as stiff as you want. No body roll. I personally have them on a stiffer setting and like it. Off-road is where they really shine. The truck recovers from hard bumps much better. (On stock suspension I was slamming the skid plates onto rocks with how much the suspension oscillated). You can go way faster over the annoying little bumps you find on trails that slow a stock truck down.
I believe the main purpose of these shocks is to provide all the benefits they advertise, while supporting a ton of weight. You have about 10 settings for both compression and rebound to tune to your specific trucks capacity. The front coil overs are adjustable for front end height as well. (This is mainly to compensate for added weight like winches).
All in all: if you’re willing to spend the money, then this kit is definitely worth it. It’s great for both daily driving and extended off road use.

AndyMedic

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Paramedic
I still need to do a full write up on these. Life’s been busy. But basically on-road they are great. They’re adjustable as soft or as stiff as you want. No body roll. I personally have them on a stiffer setting and like it. Off-road is where they really shine. The truck recovers from hard bumps much better. (On stock suspension I was slamming the skid plates onto rocks with how much the suspension oscillated). You can go way faster over the annoying little bumps you find on trails that slow a stock truck down.
I believe the main purpose of these shocks is to provide all the benefits they advertise, while supporting a ton of weight. You have about 10 settings for both compression and rebound to tune to your specific trucks capacity. The front coil overs are adjustable for front end height as well. (This is mainly to compensate for added weight like winches).
All in all: if you’re willing to spend the money, then this kit is definitely worth it. It’s great for both daily driving and extended off road use.
Awesome thank you for this info.

OP
OP
AZRanger

AZRanger

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
I fix Pink jeeps
Well I finally got around to putting the 285s on. A nail in the old tires kinda forced my hand.

To my surprise they did not rub on the steering knuckle or upper control arm. So for anyone wanting to keep the stock sport package wheels and not use wheel spacers, the pathfinder All terrain in 285/70/17 will fit. (I have roughly 2” of lift).

Also to my surprise is that I haven’t rubbed on the crash bars yet on the street. But they’re close and will likely touch on articulation.
Overall I am happy with how they look. I’m leaning more towards a subtle truck and keeping the stock wheels was key to that.

55B97B55-0FB4-4231-B5E5-A6720DB4A985.jpeg

D1441464-E327-40E9-BEB4-A4F6296C9D14.jpeg