Cabin Blower Motor

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
Anyone experience the cabin blower motor stopping? I had a strange occurrence today, it just suddenly stopped blowing air while driving. Didn't matter what speed it set it too, fan speed, temp setting, etc.

Stopped and switched off the truck for a bit and still nothing. All fuses were good, drove 20 miles back home. Pulled the glove box down and pulled the cabin filter. It wasn't binding in the fan and nothing found jamming the fan.

Finally got it to work by disconnecting the neg cable on the battery. I checked the blower numbers against the blower recall and mine is not part of the recall. Wonder if it's related to a glitch in the ecu? Would explain why resetting the power that made it work again. Will see if it happens again?
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Anyone experience the cabin blower motor stopping? I had a strange occurrence today, it just suddenly stopped blowing air while driving. Didn't matter what speed it set it too, fan speed, temp setting, etc.

Stopped and switched off the truck for a bit and still nothing. All fuses were good, drove 20 miles back home. Pulled the glove box down and pulled the cabin filter. It wasn't binding in the fan and nothing found jamming the fan.

Finally got it to work by disconnecting the neg cable on the battery. I checked the blower numbers against the blower recall and mine is not part of the recall. Wonder if it's related to a glitch in the ecu? Would explain why resetting the power that made it work again. Will see if it happens again?
It definitely sounds like a glitch of some sort. Most likely the HVAC module or the FCIM set a etc for it. I had the left side temp actuator not want to work for some weird reason. After cycling the temp to hot and back to cold it did just fine so who knows.