First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Can anybody identify this clip found in the bed of the truck? I crawled around on my back looking under the rails and on the Truxedo Lo Pro tonneau cover and couldn't see anything broken.

clip 1.jpg

clip2.jpg

clip3.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
IdahoRanger

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
It's the thingumajig that attaches the doohickey to the upper right hand corner, to the left of the fooful upper attachment point...
That narrows it down. :wink:

I'm thinking it might not be from the truck but some trash I hauled from the cabin. Don't know so figured maybe somebody knew what that thingamajig belonged too.

Not too concerned since my mileage is good and I have no fuel in the oil. Tires are getting worn though.

Last edited:

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
That narrows it down. :wink:

I'm thinking it might not be from the truck but some trash I hauled from the cabin. Don't knoww so figured maybe somebody knew what that thingamajig belonged too.

Not too concerned since my mileage is good and I have no fuel in the oil. Tires are getting worn though.
Run a simple comparison, in the bed and out of the bed, and see if it affects horsepower....:like:

OP
OP
IdahoRanger

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
I'm thinking it may be part of your tailgate damper. Try opening and closing the tailgate to see if there is a difference. :)
Still working but I didn't check that.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Does it affect your brake pads?

Might wanna consider putting it back in the bed to help counteract the excessive bed height.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford ranger tremor
Occupation
Diesel tech
Can anybody identify this clip found in the bed of the truck? I crawled around on my back looking under the rails and on the Truxedo Lo Pro tonneau cover and couldn't see anything broken.

clip 1.jpg

clip2.jpg

clip3.jpg
That is one of the mount clips/tabs that is molded into the bottom of the black plastic trim panel that snaps into the top of the bed rail on both sides of bed there are a lot of them no need to worry.

OP
OP
IdahoRanger

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
That is one of the mount clips/tabs that is molded into the bottom of the black plastic trim panel that snaps into the top of the bed rail on both sides of bed there are a lot of them no need to worry.
Thanks David, that is what I was thinking it was.

I counted 5 of those on each side and didn't see any missing but lying on my back was no fun so I could have overlooked a missing one.