First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
ive had good results with glue traps in the past but i cant imagine how to use them in the trucks. its amazing how rodents can get into so many places.
Sponsored

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
Well....the cost of beef so high....maybe.......?!???
Seriously though; like someone else said, could have got into the fresh air intake system or through a pass through hole in the firewall. In my RV I have the (above) FreshCab packets. I placed 2 in the engine bay and 2 inside. They do put off an odor so you may not want them in the cab. Another thing that seems to work better than anything; get 100% pure Peppermint oil. Dilute it in a spray bottle and spray down your entire engine bay. Do this once a week for a month and then maybe once a month until you have no signs. It does work. You may want to check your air cleaner box too....they get inside there and make nests.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
racoons can fit into a 4" diameter hole.
imagine what a little ol' rat can fit into.

for reference an average human butt hole can stretch to 8" and suffer no damage
thats two whole racoons up your ass.
@AzScorpion this is the best RP quote on the forum, ever.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Is it common for there to be unplugged holes big enough for rats to get into the cabin of the truck? About a week ago I found a bunch of rat crap in the jockey box. I set a trap inside the truck caught a huge freaking rat! This has never happened to any of our other cars.
20201118_125137.jpg
Great mascot!

mlarma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Computers/Networks
Just wanted to add my name to the list of folks that have had rodents in the engine compartment. Chewed some off of the foam engine cover I bought for my XLT and clawed crap from the battery cover to form into a fuzzy ball. Not overly amused. Do those ultrasonic things work? Any magic bullet to get rid of them and keep them away?

VTRanger

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT SuperCrew
Just wanted to add my name to the list of folks that have had rodents in the engine compartment. Chewed some off of the foam engine cover I bought for my XLT and clawed crap from the battery cover to form into a fuzzy ball. Not overly amused. Do those ultrasonic things work? Any magic bullet to get rid of them and keep them away?
Those electronic things do not work in my experience and I have tried them all. I can't tell you how much money I have wasted on stuff that doesn't work for mice.

Magic "bullet" :)

Last edited:

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Had mice in my shed. Wife said she saw where Ivory Spring soap keeps them away shaved a hole bar into little strips and put them all around the shed. A few days later, I had a pile of shaved Ivory Spring on the side of my Harley engine. Little bastards!
A snake moved in not long after and hung around till they were all gone. I miss that snake.

Last edited:

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Ford always adding cool features. This one is dubbed the pet obtainer

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Worked for me, had mice in the garage & put one there, no more mice, been 4/5 yrs now.
These are directional, so be aware but my garage is full & seems to have kept them out.