Bouncy hood

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
I was wondering if anyone else has this "issue" while my hood latches fine and stays secure, it just floats there. Tapping the hood or certain bumps will cause it to rattle.

Asking before I decide to spend $20 on Hood bumpers or not.

edit: And yes I am fully aware all hoods on all vehicles will move and bounce/flex a little during driving, I get that. It's the "contact" sound of the striker I don't like.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RedDakooter05

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
I'm sure you have but did you check the hood latch and see if it needs adjusting? Maybe trying this might bring it down and hold it tighter?

You meant to ask "Did you try obvious trouble shooting method?" No I did not.... I feel dumb now.
But to answer, Yes I just tore into it and made adjustments. Stiffened up the hood some, and no rattle.

so...hood noises now.
Shush you Canadian.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Bug shield will tighten it up too. As it goes behind the gasket. Plus there is something to press on to close the hood. Just an idea if you already wanted one.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
No need to buy anything here at all.

One can adjust the latch down slightly in combination with turning the left and right rubber bump stops; lefty loosey raises them up, righty righty lowers them down (to a point).

Never Ever push on a hood to latch it. Let its weight/inertia close it. You Will put dents in this aluminum pushing on it, even with a bug guard.

OP
OP
RedDakooter05

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
No need to buy anything here at all.

One can adjust the latch down slightly in combination with turning the left and right rubber bump stops; lefty loosey raises them up, righty righty lowers them down (to a point).

Never Ever push on a hood to latch it. Let its weight/inertia close it. You Will put dents in this aluminum pushing on it, even with a bug guard.
I do the "push to latch" way 50% of the time I close my hoods, never had an issue.

Did you watch the video? Those are my scrawny ass wrists lmao, hood will be fine.