OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Over the past couple of years I've noticed once it starts getting darker earlier it really takes a bite into my productivity levels. During the other times of the year when the sun is not setting till 8-9pm at night I can, for example keep chugging along with projects, work, whatever - until I basically have to force myself to go to bed closer to midnight or I would just keep going.

Once the sun starts setting at 6pm in the fall my body almost goes into some weird shut down mode and I am struggling NOT to go to bed at friggin 7-8pm at night. I've tried throwing everything at it caffeine wise - or try to power through it by attempting to keep working on something. Just can't train or trick my body and I don't know why. Whether I wake up early 3am or at 6am (daily dog feeding time) - it doesn't matter if I throw extra sleep in either.

It is not S.A.D. if that is what someone is thinking (no depression involved). Any ideas? I was reading someone that light therapy is a thing?
Sponsored

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
What's wrong with going to bed at 8pm? Getting up super early means I have my coffee, read the news and still my workout and breakfast is done by 8am. That schedule gives me way more energy for the day too.

I agree with Techcargt extra D3 vitamins probably help too. I pop 3-4 of them a day now.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
What's wrong with going to bed at 8pm? Getting up super early means I have my coffee, read the news and still my workout and breakfast is done by 8am. That schedule gives me way more energy for the day too.

I agree with Techcargt extra D3 vitamins probably help too. I pop 3-4 of them a day now.
Problem is if I go to bed too early I have problems staying asleep and I'm usually awake a few hours later and kind of putz around until I go back to sleep and then still get up at my same morning time it's just taking a toll on me. I just don't know what it is in the human body that somehow changes sleep patterns just cuz the sun goes down a little early.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Problem is if I go to bed too early I have problems staying asleep and I'm usually awake a few hours later and kind of putz around until I go back to sleep and then still get up at my same morning time it's just taking a toll on me. I just don't know what it is in the human body that somehow changes sleep patterns just cuz the sun goes down a little early.
Yeah that has happened to me too. I just try to wear myself out but I think the sleeping problems go hand in hand with getting older. I used to sleep 9 hours no prob and now my body doesn't want it unless I drink too much lol. I set the heat down to 62 at night and that helps me sleep too. Some nights it felt like I sleep 5 minutes at a time all night long.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
That seems like a lot. Do you have your D3 levels checked? My doctor always checks mine every year. One year she told me to back off because I was taking too much. It is dialed in now with only one dose a day.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That seems like a lot. Do you have your D3 levels checked? My doctor always checks mine every year. One year she told me to back off because I was taking too much. It is dialed in now with only one dose a day.
Is that part of a normal blood test? I had one recently but all they said was "all good" and I have to go back to get the results. The D3 It was a holdover from the covid days and since I found out half the US population is deficient in it and the higher dosages help the immune system I just kept taking it.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Go back k to 3rds.

Problem solved.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Is that part of a normal blood test? I had one recently but all they said was "all good" and I have to go back to get the results. The D3 It was a holdover from the covid days and since I found out half the US population is deficient in it and the higher dosages help the immune system I just kept taking it.
I think it was added on at one point because I had a slight bone density defficiency. Been testing it ever since. If you have a decent doctor and ins plan, all you should have to do is ask for it.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I take 3 D3 a day. My levels are spot on with that dosage.
You get yours tested too? I should add that all supplement dosages and forms are not the same, so what 3 a day for you is good may be similar to 1 a day for me. I currently take little gel caps.

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
You get yours tested too? I should add that all supplement dosages and forms are not the same, so what 3 a day for you is good may be similar to 1 a day for me. I currently take little gel caps.
Yes been tested.I use gels also. I also take vitamin C, Magnesium, Centrum, B12, and Melatonin at night.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Where I am it’s getting dark at 4PM now. Shortest daylight day is Dec 22. What I found is the color temp of my indoor lights has a lot to do with it. I got some LED ceiling lights that are close to color temp of the sun. Room is evenly lit this way. I really seems better with alertness and less eye fatigue since doing it. With the white light I can only tolerate so long before dimming down a lot.
Sponsored