First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 Ranger XLT with FPP Level 2
Occupation
Tooling Manager
I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way, nor is the gas station I visited, the only one that operates like this.

RANT:

I'm at 1/4 tank, so figure why not fill up, as I'm sure gas will go up for the long weekend (Victoria Day in Canada on Monday).
Price: $2.31/litre for 91 Octane.
$126.00 to fill up.
It's not enough that one has to spend this obsurd amount of money, for something that was roughly half the cost not too long ago.
The printer is OUT of paper at the pump, so no receipt.
After spending that amount of money, the employees are too lazy to replace the roll of paper in the pump printer, so one must go inside to get a receipt.
WTH is this world coming to? Are the simple things too much to ask for?

RANT OVER!

Now, my drink.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Rob, unfortunately it's crazy everywhere now. I just noticed ours jumped up another .30 overnight to $5.29/gal for premium and that's at Sam's Club. The regular stations are at $5.59 now and no end in sight. This whole economy is going to come to a crashing halt very soon at this rate. Everyone was struggling when it was in the high $3.00 range but this I'm afraid will be the tipping point. Our stock market also took another dump today so there's that. :mad: Thanks, I need a drink now too. lol

OP
OP

Wanted Ranger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 Ranger XLT with FPP Level 2
Occupation
Tooling Manager
the logging trucks cant afford to haul the wood to the pulp mills to make paper

RP:

Somebody is going to have to find a solution to that problem soon, cause if things keep going, on the current path, many are going to run out of money. More will need to be printed!

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
the logging trucks cant afford to haul the wood to the pulp mills to make paper
Here in the US, some truckers claim that $5/gal is where they’d have to shut it down otherwise operating cost would overrun profits.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Here in the US, some truckers claim that $5/gal is where they’d have to shut it down otherwise operating cost would overrun profits.
i think many of the independent and owner ops are close to that line now. honestly i still dont get why the prices are what they are. i asked on another thread and i think it killed it lol so i will not again but yes something gotta give. esp with diesel. i mean come on its a by product of other types of fuels they should selling it for 1.50 a gallon.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way, nor is the gas station I visited, the only one that operates like this.

RANT:

I'm at 1/4 tank, so figure why not fill up, as I'm sure gas will go up for the long weekend (Victoria Day in Canada on Monday).
Price: $2.31/litre for 91 Octane.
$126.00 to fill up.
It's not enough that one has to spend this obsurd amount of money, for something that was roughly half the cost not too long ago.
The printer is OUT of paper at the pump, so no receipt.
After spending that amount of money, the employees are too lazy to replace the roll of paper in the pump printer, so one must go inside to get a receipt.
WTH is this world coming to? Are the simple things too much to ask for?

RANT OVER!

Now, my drink.
My husband feels the same way. Sometimes, it’s the little things. :)

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Yep, using the E-Bikes more and the wife's 55MPG Prius, kind of wish I had gotten her the PHEV then no gas use for town trips, and charge it from the solar.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
this is the e-bike i want now.

if its good enough for the Ukrainian army, it's good enough for me.

1653164860387.png
I saw that, love it, and carries a Javelin AT missile, now THAT would clear traffic!

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
For a good while now there has been (but most people don't know it) a fuel surcharge added to freight rates just to try and keep the trucking industry afloat and moving our goods. Without the surcharge, the industry very well could collapse and then the poopity really WOULD hit the fan.

This is just one of the contributing factors for the rise in prices of our goods overall. I'm quite sure there are other contributors.

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
For a good while now there has been (but most people don't know it) a fuel surcharge added to freight rates just to try and keep the trucking industry afloat and moving our goods. Without the surcharge, the industry very well could collapse and then the poopity really WOULD hit the fan.

This is just one of the contributing factors for the rise in prices of our goods overall. I'm quite sure there are other contributors.
Thank you for sharing your insight, much appreciated.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon

Yes, I think the fuel surcharged appeared around 2008 and has been a part of some of the invoices I approve since then.

And got the damn printer offline message when I filled up today for the first time in over a month. Not that I ever print them out but still, why offer the option... Just say we don't print receipts anymore unless you come inside and be done with it. We're adults and most of us can handle that.
Sponsored