Blown Passenger Speaker

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Dealer pulled and confirmed that the cone had separated, looked like poor adhesive. I hadn’t yet turned it up loud either, max of volume 14. New one is on order with no ETA.
Sponsored

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
What size is the speaker?

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Called today to check. None are available from their parts ordering system (no surprise, new truck) so they’re putting in a service parts request to have Ford find a solution to getting me a speaker ASAP. At this point, no actual ETA.

Alpinist

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Same thing happened to mine. Just blew out of nowhere, mine wasn't loud at all either.

Oradank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Yep, just happened to me right now also. Hopefully they have parts on hand at this point in time.

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Mine blew this morning. Sounds awful. Driver door. It was around 20 degrees but that’s no excuse.

BcP28

First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Engineer
I haven't had the fortune of having the speakers self-destruct (yet), but I'm looking at replacing anyways with some Kicker 6.75" 2-way speakers. I had these in my Tacoma (the Tacoma guys love this upgrade) and just put a set in my fiance's Edge Sport. I'm actually quite surprised with how much they improve the sound, even without changing the factory amplifiers. Plus they are budget friendly too. Instead of replacing with the same cheap speakers Ford uses, I'd recommend going with something like these :rockon:

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20646CC674/Kicker-46CSC674.html?tp=1

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
I haven't had the fortune of having the speakers self-destruct (yet), but I'm looking at replacing anyways with some Kicker 6.75" 2-way speakers. I had these in my Tacoma (the Tacoma guys love this upgrade) and just put a set in my fiance's Edge Sport. I'm actually quite surprised with how much they improve the sound, even without changing the factory amplifiers. Plus they are budget friendly too. Instead of replacing with the same cheap speakers Ford uses, I'd recommend going with something like these :rockon:

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20646CC674/Kicker-46CSC674.html?tp=1
Thanks! Those look nice. I had kicker back in the day. Really sucks that I paid over 40K for the truck though. I’m going to make them fix it first then I’ll upgrade. This being my first Ford I hope they di

BcP28

First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks! Those look nice. I had kicker back in the day. Really sucks that I paid over 40K for the truck though. I’m going to make them fix it first then I’ll upgrade. This being my first Ford I hope they di
They should fix it under warranty no questions asked, and I'd definitely let them eat the cost of it, because you're right, a brand new, $40k vehicle shouldn't have issues like that. Frustrating for sure!
Sponsored