Blown speaker or something else?

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
The dealer is actually looking into it right now. I took it in, but of course the speaker was just fine and corrected itself so they couldn't immediately diagnose it. They emailed Ford with my information and they are waiting to hear back from them on how to proceed. I even showed them the videos of the distortion just as a show of evidence. Hopefully something will be replaced because this is aggravating, especially when my drive to work is 35+ mins one way and music (and coffee) makes it bearable.
I hate that about dealers and intermittent problems. If they can't see it the problem doesn't exist. It think it would bug me if they aren't accepting video evidence.

It's just one speaker right? If they aren't going to help you, and you're not averse to a little labor, pull the door panel, remove the speaker, bring it in the house, put it in the fridge for a while, (seriously) then take it out and connect it to your home stereo and apply some power with a music source. Lacking an enclosure you won't hear any bass, but you will hear a breaking circuit in a tinsel lead or a rubbing voice coil.

Then I'd call service and tell them the results of your test to see what they say.
Sponsored